Requium of a Dream | Teen Ink

Requium of a Dream

February 27, 2013
By rebelartistry BRONZE, Santee, California
rebelartistry BRONZE, Santee, California
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

All I could smell was that of rust and oil. The smell permitted through the house, there was nothing I could do. Looking through the window seeing the world in all its likeliness what it was becoming instead of what it should, the skies were gray, smog filled, polluted with the faintness of light peering through. It has been so long since I actually saw the sky, blue, with the sun bright up there baking and ounce of skin to a tender crisp. What has become of this place I once had called home? Rarely do I have a source of income, yet I can somehow maintain my own home, however most have nothing, nothing at all. The world ravaged by plague, drought, yet I have no choice in the matter, I cannot simply leave and live on another planet. This idea was something that was merely not thought about in a conventional setting, out of the laboratory. The laboratory isn't at all in the normal sense of the word this place was bigger, more industrious, and yet somewhat gives a vacant feeling.


The author's comments:
I wrote this after waking up in the middle of the night from the dream I just had. If there are any suggestions or comments please give them!