Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Teen Ink

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

February 25, 2013
By Batz317 BRONZE, La Vista, Nebraska
Batz317 BRONZE, La Vista, Nebraska
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm the Doctor." -The Doctor, Doctor Who
"I've always wanted to do that!" -Hermonie, Harry Potter, when she punches Draco Malfoy
"That is my wand you're holding Potter..." -Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter
"Fangirls are like cockroaches, we just don't die"


"I walk alone"

I'm walking this empty streets, it's called the Boulevard of Broken Dreams. What do I see? Pain, is it really full of broken dreams? Or just people who are not willing to try again? That's what I see, people who are not willing to get up and try again. This empty street desolate of life is just another reminder to why I have to keep fighting, I will not give in. I will keep going, I don't know my dream yet, but I know that I keep fighting. Giving up is unacceptable.

Leaving the empty city I begin to see the other pain, all the loss and sorrow, the anger and frustration, I begin to think about all of my hard times. Why didn't I give up? Why am I still here? Is it supposed to be like this? I want to believe that I'll die alone, yet I have someone who loves me, I think I am useless, yet others say I am helpful, I think I'm an idiot, yet I am told I am a genius.

Why do people give up? Is it just too much? Why do some people keep going? Do we like the pain we keep receiving? Like blades to the skin we are being cut every day and we just keep going. Will I too give up and run out of blood called courage?

All these questions, no answers. This is life, and this is my life, this is a lot of people's lives. We keep going, not sure why we do, it's as if we have something to live for, we just don't know what it is yet.

Life is death

Death is life.

Pleasure is sin

Sin is pleasure

This is the world we live in. What will you do?


The author's comments:
I w listening to the song Boulevard of Broken Dreams and just ranted,
Has some lyrics from the song in this.
I DO NOT OWN THE LYRICS