Too Cold | Teen Ink

Too Cold

By Racaycay BRONZE, Wadsworth, Ohio
Racaycay BRONZE, Wadsworth, Ohio

No Guarantees and No regrets

Let Be, Let God

If you lose yourself your courage soon will follow. So be strong remember who you are.

Law came by Moses but grace and truth come by Jesus Christ. John ♥

The day is cold, too cold. Even with my wooly coat and mittens I can feel the breathe of the chilly morning air seeping into my body, freezing my bones. All of a sudden I hear a low rumbling. It reminds me off a dragon staring down a small child like a delicious meal. As the noise gets louder I smell the stench of un-burnt diesel fuel clogging the air with its rankness. I recognize that it’s a school bus driving up behind me even before I see its great, big, yellow belly filled with jeering faces. Quicker than a serpent I advert my eyes to the ground watching my feet take step after step. Still as the monster rolls by, I hear them laugh. Feel them point. There’s an evil sound echoing in my eyes. I feel trapped in a mushroom cloud of noise. It drives me crazy, drives me mad. Makes me sad. I bite my tongue to stop myself from crying. “Ow” too hard. I taste the sour, metallic, blood as it slowly trickles down the back of my throat. I enter the noisy halls of that god forsaken place. Passing groups of kids, strangers to me, I hear my name. Again and again; “There she is” “That’s the girl” “Did you know she” “That whore”. It makes the blood inside my veins heat hotter than a blazing fire. Some roar their words more ear-splitting than a lion. Others whisper quieter than raindrops bouncing off a gravestone. I hear them all. I enter the bathroom, scaring out the other girls; it’s the only quit place, only safe place. Entering a stall I put the seat down with a small “clang.” I reach into my purse; my hand grips a perfect sharp edge. With a smile on my lips I pull it out. My long sleeves scratch along old cuts stinging in pain. I carefully examine my scratched up arm searching for just the perfect spot. “Aha” my mind thinks. Then my hand freezes in the silence but only for a second before once again I hear the murmurings of everyone driving me to do it. Pale skin. Sliver blade. Red lines. With a small sigh my hand moves down time and time again. Red, sticky, blood pours up from my flesh. Pain overtakes my body like a grenade. As the laughter in my ears slowly fades; I escape the world.