Satisfication | Teen Ink

Satisfication

August 2, 2008
By Anonymous

A young boy looked up to the night sky. The web of stars were twirling and swerling complex patterns within each other. He saw the light milky blue color and thought about his family. Thought about his sickly mother. Thought about his drunk father. Thought about his bullying older brother. Thought about his careless older sister.

"Up there," He said. "It's so empty, no one to hurt you, no one to tell you what to do, absolute emptiness. What I would give for that."

He turned his head down hill toward his small house. Another window was busted open by his raging drunk father. His eyes returned to the heavens.

"You can't escape all your problems kid." An old man limped his way over the hill, his long scraggly beard wavered in the gentle breeze. His skin was dark brown and his face was wrinkled and tense looking. He was clothed with old dirty rags that made it look like he just came out of Hell.

"You can't tell me what I can and can't do!" The boy replied.

"No, I can't, but neither can you. Pain and suffering is a neccassary factor that humans developed. You can't escape it no matter where you go. The only way to escape it is to escape yourself." He reached into his pocket and puled out and Eden field six cartridge revolver. "you would have to escape humanity."

The boys eyes were wide open.

"It's the only way you can escape. A simple point and click and within a blink of an eye all your suffering ceases. A bullet is your form of transportation, your destination, peace and serenity."

The boy gazed at the guns barell, what gazed back was a child of pain and torture that the world threw at him, that he did not deserve, that he has to carry until the road ends.

"Isn't their hope, isn't their anything else I can do other than...This!"

The small houses door was ripped open as his raging father ran outside. His brother followed soon after. They were in an argument; the boy wasn't quite sure what they were arguing about but it was intense and growing. The father swung his bottle toward his brothers head. It shattered knocking his brother unconcious. His fathered walked back inside his house as if this was an everyday routine. A wheezing noise was coming from the house's second story. His mother was coughing up blood again. The only person in the world that cared for him was about to pass away and leave him to struggle on his own. His father would definantly beat him into a bloody pulp every nigh now that his mother would be gone.

He reached for the gun.

"Quiter."

The boy turned his head and saw another man walking up the hill. He was dressed in a pure white robe. you couldn't see a single part of his body and his hood covered his face.

"Do you think that's the only solution? Quiting?" The man in white robes said in a raspy voice.

"Back off! Let the boy do what he wants to do!" The old man said.

"You weren't exactly doing that, sir."

"Don't listen to him boy! PULL THE TRIGGER!" The old man had fury pulsing through out his vains causing them to bulge beneath his wrinkled skin as he yelled that order.

The kid stuck the gun to his head.

"How are you so sure your mom's going to die?" The man in the white robes asked in a calm voice.

The kid pulled the gun away from his head. He looked at the two figures, trying to decide which one was right.

The old man sprung at the boy; picking him up by the shirt and said while shaking him violently.

"You know she's going to die! YOU KNOW IT!" The old man screamed in the boys face.

"Actualy you don't, and you'll never find out dead." Spoke the man in white robes in a whisper that everyone heard.

The boy stared at the gun. As it fell to the floor the old man grasped the kid's neck and raised him above his head.

"IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?! SUFFERING, PAIN, BLEEDING, TORTURE?! IT'S ALL YOU'LL EVER GET YOU FILTHY SON OF A BI-"

The man in the white robes raised his hand. The old man fell back, realising the kid, and at the same time a pattern of circles appeared on his skill. His eyes were wide with pain. As the next wind picked up it sweapt him away in a dust cloud of organic matter.

"I hope you live a good life kid , it's the least you deserve."