Who's sorry, dad? | Teen Ink

Who's sorry, dad?

Am I not good enough for you to call me your son?!

I’m sorry I’m not like you, dad. I‘m not a star football player like you wanted me to be, I don’t get drunk to escape reality, and I would never beat my own son if I had one.

I’m sorry I’m such a disgrace to you.

I’m sorry I can deal with reality.

I’m sorry I was the one who survived the car crash instead of mom…
How can you do this to your son, dad? My whole body is bruised, inside and out. I didn’t just loose mom, that day at the crash.
So blame me for mom’s death. Blame me for all the problems you have and punish me with your fists and hurtful words. Hurt me, because you’re so sick and tired of yourself hurting. Oh, so sorry, dad, that you didn‘t get the son you wanted. So sorry that your son was born. Don’t stop to think that your son is going through a rough time. Don’t stop to think that I just lost my mother, that you’re not the only one with mental pain.

Take out mom’s death on me, dad. You just lost your job, dad? Oh, go on, I will not fight back and run this time. Oh, dad, your so generous, only beat me once today. Thank you so much for taking my money for drugs, because you know I don’t need it for college or anything. Hey dad, you know, you can’t even compare yourself with the other dad‘s. Your so much better then them! Ha!

What was that dad? You need more money? Oh, sorry, I forgot you drink five bottle of vodka a day. How silly of me. I’ll buy you the drugs, but I do it for only one reason.

Kill yourself with drugs, dad, it doesn’t matter. Your dead to me already.

I was inspired by writing this by watching this show called intervention. In the show, the alcoholic made it. He's been sober for seven months. There is hope!

on Dec. 1 2008 at 6:56 pm
oh my god!! this is really really really really really reallyxinfinit good!! your such an amazing writer and should keep on writing no matter what people tell you.

dfkasdjklnf said...
on Nov. 14 2008 at 1:43 am
WOW, your story is SOOOOOOOOOO good!