Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By Ashley Porter BRONZE, Yelm, Washington
Ashley Porter BRONZE, Yelm, Washington

It was a crisp cold morning, it felt as if the world stood still still. I could not put my emotions into words, I died a little inside. Four men inside suits with white gloves on, carried the casket. My eyes quickly closed tight I started humming over the sound of the guy at the poedeum. Humming over the cries and the man at the podeum was not working. The noise progressed, it felt as if I could not escape and this all started feeling more and more real. How could these people act like they know him? They are telling stories and crying but I am the only one here other than my mom that should be crying, he is my dad?! I know him better than anyone. It felt like it was just yesterday morning we were in the kitchen and he was reading the paper at the table like he does everyday. My dad picked up his cold glass off orange juice and then clanked it back down on the table. He asked me if I needed a ride to school and before I could respong he insisted. My eyes loosened up I could not take it anymore I ran, and I ran far until I could not run further. I felt the sand in between my toes and suddenly I realized this is where me and my dad used to come and talk or just spend time together. I layed on the beach and just thought about everyting all of our memories, holidays, and birthdays. It hurt so bad to know it ended there. I felt hot and I could not breathe, I passed out. Whe I woke up I was in my bed. I could smell the wood stove and moms cooking, I crept downstairs quietly and confused. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I was hesitant to look around the corner. When I did peek around the corner I saw my dad!! I hugged and squeezed him in disbelief.