Weeping Willow

When mother earth was younger. She looked into an enchanted mirror named Willow that showed her childrens life. The mirror Willow showed her pain, war, hunger. Mother smashed Willow burning the frame until only the glass was left showing the grief engulf her happy life. To show her own grief she put the mirror into a nearby tree as the tree changed formed it's branches drooped by the sorrow. Then the tree itself began to cry. It is the mark of Mother Earth's sorrow. Her children call it The Weeping Willow because of Willow becoming the tree's heart and the Tree's pain.

winxx said...
This story reminds me of the weeping willow outside my house... always looking soo depresing

Tragic said...
Oct. 26, 2008 at 12:08 am
It;s amazing what you put into this story. Willow being a Mirror showing pain. I love it

Nella said...
I love it

Mrs. Hynes said...
Nicole, How poetic and beautiful. It reminds me of the origin myths that we read in 7th grade. Remember, the myths that told where the earth, the sun and the moon came from. This story tells us where the weeping willow came from. You touched my heart with your beautiful words. Thank you for sending it to me.

Nic-K said...
Children's not childrens but otherwise it was great