Shame | Teen Ink

Shame

January 15, 2013
By 777_Arionna_777 BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
777_Arionna_777 BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Today, my Creative writing teacher, talked about writing from your heart and not your head; but most days I ask myself if I even have one. I always wonder if there was something I could have done to make someone’s life a little better, if I could have made them smile that day. But, I remain content with myself. How do people become selfish? What makes me want to save myself and not others? We always put people in categories, US and THEM, finger of blame pointing in every direction possible. When will it come to the point where everyone is just pure evil? The sad part is that everybody’s bad side will take over and then the world will see evil as normal. Every –single-flipping-day good people are being push over the edge, Countless others and I have been told the old saying that ‘if they jumped of a bridge, would you?’ most everyone answers‘no I wouldn’t’ but there are hundreds of people that jump, hundreds that commit suicide every day. You and I must admit that at least once, in our lives, we have had no pity for victims of evil. We have all probably seen a news article or heard a report about somebody that committed suicide, and didn’t feel bad or sorry. If you took the time to say hello with a smile, you could make some one’s life a bit better. So I return to my original question, do I have a heart? Yes, most likely, perhaps it’s two sizes to small, like the Grinch, but it still beats. Do you have the heart to say hello to someone?


The author's comments:
This piece helped me through one of my worst case writer's block ever. It helped out because i always tend to over-think everything while writing.