Creating an Atmosphere: Happiness | Teen Ink

Creating an Atmosphere: Happiness

By DreamBig18 SILVER, Holland, Michigan
DreamBig18 SILVER, Holland, Michigan

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
-Joe Lewis

I wandered through the canopy of trees that formed an umbrella of covering over my head. My feet touching the ground with such grace that it were almost as if I was floating across the leaf embellished ground. The leaves crunched under the weight of my feet every time I took a step towards the outer edge of the forest. Though all the while I advanced nearer to the forests edge I felt the stinging heat of the sun’s ray’s scratch at the back of my neck as they broke through the strong arms of the leaf covered branches that hung above my head. It didn’t take long at all before I was finally taking my very last step to greet the forests edge, which marked the divider line to heavens open gate. My eyes took in the welcoming mirage of rainbow colors that bounced off the calm surface of the oceans water bed as it finally came into my range of view.
The sight of twinkling brightly colored lights weren’t the only sights the clearing had to offer though. The clearing was filled with the flapping of butterfly and bumblebee wings that busily chased each other throughout the clearing, which awoken a bright smile to play out on my lips and tears of joy to leak from the corners of my eyes. As the tears strolled over the arch of my cheek, and trucked its way down the front of my face I tasted the salty taste of one of the tears as it slipped in my opened mouthed smile. The sight of the freely moving nature life throughout the clearing was the most breathtaking scene imaginable to a single set of human eyes.
Wanting to experience more of the vast beauty that the clearing had to offer I began to roam further into the lush clearing that overflowed with trillions of Lilacs, Daisies, and flowers of every shade of color under the sun. I felt the light brush of the flowers heads against my bare skin at the ankles of my legs as I tiptoed past the overgrown flower filled ground not wanting to disturb the flowers as they bathed in the open sun. Although, I couldn’t help myself from running one of my free hands across the tops of the flowers to feel the delicate soft silk the flower petals had to offer, while my other hand held my chiffon skirt of my dress securely to the side of my lengthy body.
Although, the longer I help my pose in the clearing the more heated I became from the sun’s rays that beat down from the crystal clear blue sky. The sky held not a single animal shaped cloud in its grasp, which made it immensely difficult for any escape from the blistering heat of the sun. That’s when I felt the first trickle of sweat to run its way down the slight curve of my neck. The heat of the sun in the clearing was so intense that it not only heated my entire body from head to the delicate little toes on my feet, but also the overwhelming beauty of the nature all around me. The sun heated the flowers that surrounded my entire being and wrapped me up in a tight embrace of the sweet smells of the open nature. The vast range of enlightening smells consumed me, and held me trapped in a cloud of honey suckle and sweet feminine smells that radiated from every direction.
As I slowly stopped my rhythmic motion of a delicate dance into the clearing, I closed my ocean blue eyes to the world and tilted my head ever so slightly back. Taking deep calming breaths of the fresh clear morning air through my nose, I began to sway in a free tempo rhythmic motion. My head felt so light and cleared that the world with all of its crowded sounds seemed to be forgotten and pushed to the very back of the file cabinets in my mind. The legs that held me up disappeared along with the rest of my body, until I was only soaring so high in the sky that not even those graceful butterflies could reach me. This peace brought on from the clearing brought new possibilities and endless journeys for me to explore through my mind.
Then, as I took another deep breath of the air this time tasting the freshness of the oceans water that stood so nearby. I let the coolness of the oceans scents wash over my entire body as I tilted my head once again to an upright position, and opened my eyes back up to the clearing. Although, this time the clearing was generously speckled with brightly lit dots created from the intense sun that had penetrated through my eyes while they were closed just seconds ago. Attempting to blink my eyes feverously I managed to erase the dots that were created from the sun. Then, my perfect view of the clearing began to return to me.
I noticed the acres of singing flowers dancing on the tips of their toes from a newly awakened cooling breeze that came from the northern edge of the clearing. The wind whispered sweet things in my ears, and washed away the intense heat of the sun. Although, never fully diminishing the all consuming heat wave that trapped me in its iron grasp. Along with the whispering winds came the joyous giggles of children’s laughter. Their laughter chimed in my ears, even though their presence wasn’t there with me in the clearing. Though, as soon as the wind decided to change its direction of path leaving the flowers to stand still, and letting myself once again be heated by the suns heat. The wind also took with it the giggles of the children which fluttered away with the wind.
I waited for the wind to present itself once more, but it didn’t want to show itself to me again. So, wasting no more time waiting around for the wind to return to me I continued my journey back on the track through the flowered filled clearing towards the inviting ocean's shore. Though the closer I came to the ocean, stronger the sun’s rays bounced off the water like the facets in a diamond. The light of sun caused my dazzling golden blond hair to stick to the back of my neck from the continuous heat. The urgency now to make it to the ocean's edge became even more vital than ever before. The water sang my name calling me ever so slightly forward like heavens guardian angels beckoning to their loved stuck on without them to be safe.
The calling finally came to a halt when I was united with that significant body of water.