Wild Thing | Teen Ink

Wild Thing

March 24, 2008
By Anonymous

All it took was a chunk of skin bitten off his face for him to realize that Kendra wasn’t someone he wanted to mess with. He moved to another state; Kendra hasn’t seen him since.

Kendra was born on November 9, 1994 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Right from the start the family knew that Kendra was going to be a handful. While she wasn’t beating up her siblings, she was escaping from her car seat, highchair, bed, playpen, or stroller. Kendra took her first steps when she was 10 months old.

One day her mother went into the dining room and almost fainted. In front of her was Kendra swinging from the chandelier with her feet above her head. That was when Kendra was only 11 months old.

A couple of year passed; Kendra made many friends and received a baby sister. Kendra’s new friends were also her neighbors. One of them lived down the street. Her name was Rosie. The other lived across the street, and her name was Natalie. Rosie and Natalie were humorous and trustworthy friends. The three of them were like three peas in a pod. They did everything together.

When Kendra was only 3 years old Rosie, Natalie, and her went to the neighbor’s house and decided to have an apple war. Kendra climbed an apple tree, and then crawled across a branch onto the roof of the neighbor’s house. She picked apples and threw them down to the other kids from the roof. It was all fun and games until Kendra’s mom came and stopped the war.

There were very few people in Kendra’s life who she could truly say she couldn’t stand. Tyler C., a boy in Kendra’s kindergarten class just so happened to be one of them. Tyler was mean to Kendra. Every day Kendra would come home from school crying because of Tyler. One day, Kendra decided that enough was enough. All it took was a chunk of skin bitten off his face for him to realize that Kendra wasn’t someone he wanted to mess with. He moved to another state; Kendra hasn’t seen him since.

Nowadays Kendra is a fun-loving 7th grade kid, but she still wishes sometimes that she could make that cute little face and get away with everything. Even climbing up on the neighbor’s roof and throwing apples down to her friends.