A Box of Secrets

A box of secrets lies buried on an old abandoned island that’s long forgotten. It is locked away with a heavy chain and the insides are unknown, for the pirates who put it there were lost at sea.

A box of secrets lies hidden in the pyramids. The sands of the past have kept it over the centuries and will guard it for eternity. The pharaoh who placed the objects in the box has kept the riddles nameless in the wrappings of a mummy.

A box of secrets is kept deep inside of a ruined house. Down in the basement a little girl-the age of six-slid it under the old furnace and left it. Now she is fading away, mind elsewhere, in a nursing home.

A box of secrets dwells far down inside of me. The mysteries that are in it are slowly being found. I’m the only one with a key; I’m the only one who can open it. Soon, my box of secrets will be gone.

Cutey-BeautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 1:19 pm:
Wow. This is breathtaking. Amazing work. KEEP WRITING! :D

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 10:02 pm :
Thanks! ;)

E.J.MathewsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 22 at 8:11 am:
Awesome! Very thought provoking, and a very good read. Excellent work.

Jul. 24 at 12:03 pm :
Thank you! I'm glad it got you thinking. :)

ZozeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18 at 7:14 pm:
Good job, very interesting. I really liked it, espesily the part where only the narator can open their box.

Jul. 24 at 12:01 pm :
Thanks for reading! :)

In_Love_with_WritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 25 at 3:13 pm:
Nice job. I liked it :)

Jul. 24 at 11:58 am :
Thanks! I'm glad you did.

Sarah1517This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 19 at 6:09 pm:
Love it. The last bit especially. Very nicely put together with a bang to end it!  

Jul. 24 at 11:57 am :
Awww, thank you. :)

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10 at 6:21 pm:
You have a talent for imagery, idea, and your wording is pretty good, only lacking a tightening of the language to keep the reading flowing.  Great job!

Jul. 24 at 11:57 am :
I'll have to work on that. Thanks for reading though!

Apollo77This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 9 at 6:08 pm:
cool. I like the whole repetition thing going on...I have to say that maybe it's too philosophical for me to understand, but that's good don't worry!

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 17 at 6:40 pm :
This is really wonderful! I loved how you used all of these famous yet hidden locations. This piece really makes the reader think deeper about things. It's a great idea.

Emma-Riley replied...
Jan. 17 at 9:12 pm :
this is great! i love being able to picture what i'm reading while i read it, kind of like a miniture movie in my mind if you know what i mean, and i could picture this perfectly! good job!

Jul. 24 at 11:56 am :
Thanks!!