Good Bye | Teen Ink

Good Bye

August 1, 2008
By Anonymous

she woke up laying in a bed. she couldnt figure out where she was. she couldnt see any thing, or feal any thing, all she could here was a close by sound "beep beep, beep beep" over and over. it sounded familar. The last thing she could remember was being in the car with her friends. they were all laughing and having a good time. Then everything went black. she was slapt back into reality when she heard foot steps enter the door. There were 2 pairs. the voice was familar. "Dr. when will she wake up? Is there any hope" It was her mom. "MOM" she tried to scream. but she couldnt talk. " im afraid theres not much hope Mrs. Smith, shes been like this for months now" said the oter voice.
"what happened? why am i here? " is all janie could think.
"ok. please leave us alone for a little" said Janies mom through her tears. She walked over to the bed" Janie please, please come back, please i need you, you're all I have, please just squeeze my hand"
"beep beep, beep beep"
She tried with all her striength to squeeze but she was too week. She didnt give up though. several minutes pasted. and all she could here was her mom crying silently.
"Beep beep, beep beep"
She finaly did it. she gave a slight queeze but it was too late her mom had already taken her hand away.
"Dr. ok...I'm ready"
"Beep beep, beep beep"
"O'k"
Her mother ran out of the room crying.
"beep beep"
The foot steps came closer.
Closer.
Closer.
Until they stopped right infront of her bed.
"Good bye" Said the Dr. with tears in her eyes.
"Beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"

The author's comments:
at the time i felt like iw as kind of stuck in a colma and didnt have any control