The First Kiss | Teen Ink

The First Kiss

February 11, 2008
By Anonymous

The whole night was like a movie: the two lovers walking hand in hand down the street, nervously making small talk, and in the final scene they kiss and the fireworks explode in the background. A full moon was out, and it was so bright it seemed like daytime. The stars were beautiful, just as if someone had polished them, just for us. I had all the symptoms, a nervous laugh, sweaty palms, and worst of all I was stuttering, but I could tell he was nervous too. The newly paved road seemed to go on forever as we walked along. It was summertime and hot outside. The tree’s branches were blowing in the wind, and the watchful birds in the trees were eavesdropping on our conversation, snickering at every stuttered word that came out of my mouth. Since I was so jumpy and anxious, I just kept rambling on and on about meaningless things that just seemed to pop into my head. I think I even talked about the weather. How dumb is that! When we were pretty far down the road we reached a street light. I get a call from my friend Abby, who knew I was walking with him. She started asking me questions about if we had kissed yet. My face got real red when he heard her over the phone. I was so embarrassed.

We finally reached his house, and the whole way there was uneasy and weird, but at the same time amazing and wonderful. We stood in front of his house in the middle of the street, looking around awkwardly and shy. He looked into my eyes and said, “Kelsey, I really like you a lot.” My face was as red as a tomato! I had never blushed that bad before. I looked right back into his eyes and with the biggest smile ever, I said, “Ty, I really like you too.” Then it happened! We finally kissed and it was the greatest feeling in the world. I instantly fell in love. After we finally broke apart, we said our goodbyes and I ran all the way home. The whole rest of the night I couldn’t stop thinking about the kiss, that perfect, amazing, unbelievable kiss. In my mind we were the present day Romeo and Juliet, except for the whole dying thing.