Devil Man III (Awake) | Teen Ink

Devil Man III (Awake)

By KaitlinKM GOLD, Littleton, Colorado
KaitlinKM GOLD, Littleton, Colorado

She turned to see her angel resting peacefully next to her, her arms out stretched to where the girl had been laying. “Come to me…” she heard the whisper that had woken her from her deep sleep. It beckoned her out of her bed in a daze and pulled her toward the flight of stairs leading to the levels below. “Come to me…” in her trance the girl took a step off the stairs and began to fall. She fell painlessly for seconds before landing safely in the boy’s arms. “Awaken!” The whisper now a cold blooded screech shook the space as her reality fell down in massive shards of glass, shattering to dust at their feet. “Welcome,” the devil man announced as he stepped out of the shadows. The girl cowered against the boy’s chest causing a malevolent laugh to burst from the devil. “Turning to my own flesh and blood for protection?” She looked up at the boy expecting to see triumph on his face but instead his eyes were filled with warmth. “Now as I was saying, welcome to your real reality. I hope you enjoyed the one I made for you but obviously you know this is your home since you brought us all back here.” Then the girl realized the voice she had heard calling for her was her own. “Ah, you know its true don’t you.” Tears began to run down her face. “Don’t be sad my dear, you have him now, you may awaken.” The devil man stepped away as the boy gently put his hand on the girl’s face and kissed her. Heat raced through her veins and coursed through her heart. As she pulled away her eyes flicked with devious red flames before smoldering back to their mossy color. “I’m awake.”

Third part of Devil Man (the original.)