Choice | Teen Ink

Choice

They’re running; not away but to. Obsolete actions occurring according to matured eyes yet to the juveniles, the worth is endless. Up or down the steps, across hand by hand on the monkey bars and the swift movement down the slide or even up as it’s not unheard of; the implications of one simple choice. Laughter rings throughout.

Alive, colourful and bright are the results if the positive yet most difficult road is taken. On the edge of the cliff near a prospect of life or death, one holds the power for change of either degree. Take choice A and prepare to fall into darkness or choice B and fly with light. The infants-their choice? Is flight not of ease in juvenile eyes?

The counter element now.

They’re running but in vacancy. Not to but away; meaningful in their own aging eyes yet obsolete in the newer ones. No steps, no monkey bars, no slides-the implication of one simple choice. Dust builds and rust surfaces. Decay and loss are of norm as the playground remains a thing of the past. The setting can vary but the actions are similar with these aging ones. Move, move, move but to a promised destination that fails to present itself. They’re running away from right and to wrong; contentment, this way, so difficult to obtain.

It’s the sight of many footsteps this road most travelled upon. And through time, due to overuse, black and white are the sole colours. Happiness now gone and life hollow.

Colour or black and white-a matter of choice.

val123 said...
Your perception of the world and the daily things that happen within it is incredible. I also like to write in this way. Everyday the world presents us with choices, and as you pointed out; choices as simple as color, or the things that pass monotonously-black and white.