Fatal Love | Teen Ink

Fatal Love

July 25, 2008
By Anonymous

It was one minute past twelve midnight. The unforgiving rain thrashed upon the fragile windowpane. Cars drove through puddles on the road, spraying spine chilling water on those standing near. Seventeen year old Lindsey's heart beat of a funeral type beat. The room was dark, all except for shadows lurking about, similar to those in horror movies. Lindsey sat in the center of the smally light room in reminisce of what could have been. Her dyed black hair hanging in her face hiding the tear drenched eyes hidden below. Her sunken heart relied on what soon approached. She couldn't find the time to heal or recover from what was sorrily lost. The only light was under the door. Foot steps thundered to the door like a snake races towards it's prey. The door boomed open quicker then a bullet.





































"Don't think you can help, Allie already tried. Shes just as simple minded as you!" Lindsey said in a cold and bitter tone. The large man figure who entered the room began to stare at her pathetically sitting upon the rough carpeted floor. He glared at her for a mysterious three minutes. Her blood-shot eyes gleamed straight back into his with nothing more to loose. The man began to sob and shake his head in disbelief of what she had become. "You can't keep doing this to yourself. David would have wanted you to move on." The man said. A sudden roar of something in the pit of her soul burst at the name of David like a bomb when set off. "Don't talk like that! David is still here! He wouldn't leave me like this!" She screamed at the top of her lungs to the point you could barely understand her under the monstrous sobs representing ghosts of the past and unforgettable moments in time.


































"You have to face it, he is gone and not coming back. He had no choice, in the car crash---" He choked on his words, not wanting to speak further. "Listen, all I know is, is that he loved you." He said tenderly. Lindsey sprang to her feet in anger. "Move Joe!" She shouted as she plowed through his left shoulder exiting the room. She stomped down the stairs two at a time, she snatched the keys for the car and thundered outside without a coat or jacket to protect her from the bitter cold rain. She threw the car door open as if her life depended on it. Lindsey sat there, she glared at the passenger seat where her wallet lay. A picture inside of it was glistening from the light on the dashboard. The picture included her, Joe, Allie, and David. All were smiling. David's hand was behind Lindsey's head in a bunny ear position. Suddenly she griped the wallet tight in her hand and launched it out the window with all of her might, the wallet then lay face down in a mucky puddle in the road. She threw the car in gear, then floored the gas peddle. She was flying out of the neighborhood full speed with out a care in her mind of the surroundings or the damage she may be causing to the car. Her mind and soul raced along with it. Lindsey was now a on a deserted bridge over deep water that left no survivors in it's path.























She aimed her viechle towards the edge of the bridge, preparing herself for an unimaginable death. She began to sob once more for possibly the last time. This is it she thought to herself. She clung to every last memory, every last thought. Her final gasps of air never seemed so precious. David's voice haunting the few seconds alive she had left. She placed her foot on the gas peddle speeding towards the edge. Those thoughts and memories blinded her insides, and with a final breath and one last decision Lindsey turned from the unforgiving drop, inches from the edge. She kept going the other direction, not knowing if she will regret not going through with the suicide attempt. Dreadful pain pierced her heart with unforgotten misery. She got out of the car in front of an apartment building. She rushed inside up to room 106. The door was slightly ajar. She pushed it open cautiously. David's apartment had not yet been touched since he died. She entered one slow step at a time. Looking around, haunting pictures of the good times watched her every move. She closed her eyes, deeply inhaling the sweet aroma that smelled of David and his possessions.











She could hear the times she had come to him, his calm voice soothed her in comfort. She could feel his tender skin and heart beat that will never again be felt. How she would always come to him all those dreadful nights her mother would come home drunk and have nothing more to call Lindsey other than worthless. He was the only one who understood the real Lindsey, the one who cared, the one who made sure she new people cared about her. Now he is nothing, nothing but meaningless pictures and lost memories. She walked to the bedroom, his bed still unmade from the final time he woke up. She cried knowing that he will never again wake up. Lindsey layed down on his bedside, clinging onto his pillow along with all of the painful thoughts. She remembered when Joe said David loved her. "I love you to." Lindsey spoke with sorrow. "I love you so much" She soon drifted to sleep and because of the massive pain caused. Like David, Lindsey will never again wake up either.

The author's comments:
I wrote this to express a series of jumbled emotions that some people feel when a loved one dies.