The Haunted Forest! | Teen Ink

The Haunted Forest!

November 25, 2012
By MaKaila Kendall BRONZE, Levan, Utah
MaKaila Kendall BRONZE, Levan, Utah
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments

The Haunted Forest!



There once was a forest, this forest was claimed to be “haunted”. There were people who went into the forest, but never came out. Except on a young boy who lost his whole family to that deadly forest, after that day he always tried to warn people about the forest, but nobody believed him.

There once was a girl and her two best friends. They did everything together and they never could be broken apart. These three girls were walking through the forest. They were talking about their day and walking to a party. The girls were walking slowly, and one tripped over a log. The girl had tripped over many things in the forest and lots of roots, but this felt different. She turned and screamed, then all the other girls turned, and found that it was a dead body. The girls cried out in terror and ran all the way to the party.

When they got to the party they tried to tell the people there about the body, but nobody would listen. Then, an old man came from out of a dark corner of the room. He told the ladies he knew of their problem and wanted to help. The man only told them that the forest was haunted. The man had old, worn out cloths on, and he smelled like he hadn't taken a shower in years. The girls didn’t believe the old man. They went through out the party and tried to relax and not think about the person, but the picture kept popping back into their minds. They made a silent vow that they would go back, and try to find out who the man was.

After the party the girls did just that, as they left the party they ran through the forest. They went back to the scene, but there was nothing there. On the side of the tree they found the words: GET OUT NOW, WHILE YOU STILL CAN. The words were written in human blood. The girls were so scared that they couldn’t move. Thoughts came to their minds like, did the man write that before he died, or had this been written before, and they were just to scared to see it. Crack. The noise was heard off in the distance. The three girls turned to look, but saw nothing. Crack. Another branch broke, but this time it was closer.

One of the girls had gotten over the shock , and had started to back up towards the road. The other two girls had started to recover, when a person got to the clearing. The person was the man who was dead on the ground. All three girls shrieked at the sight and ran as fast as they could to the safety of the road. As they ran they were wondering how the man had come back to life, had he ever really been dead? They weren’t followed so they thought they were safe. After that moment they decided never to tell anyone about what they had seen, because they knew that if they told anyone, like they had tried to at the party, nobody would believe them.
Five years later!

A teenage boy who was last seen walking the streets by a forest, went missing. The police searched through the entire forest, but the boy was never found. There was, however, a message on the side of a tree that read: GET OUT NOW, WHILE YOU STILL CAN. After the police left the old man walked out into the clearing where the boy had once been. The look on his face was sad. “A least the three girls made it out five years ago.” He thought to himself as his family popped into his head.


The author's comments:
This story started out an assignment, but as the time went on I found that this was really fun and a good story! :)