Fender Bender? | Teen Ink

Fender Bender?

“Krista, Wake up! You’re going to be late.” My mom yells from the bottom of the stairs.
I hop out of bed and throw some clothes on. I’m not even sure if they match but I’m late so I don’t care. I run into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I rush down the stairs, grab my purse, and head for the door.
“Aren’t you forgetting something?” My mom asks.
I lean over and give her a hug.
“Good luck honey,” She says.
I turn away and I’m out the door. My dad is already in the car. I hop in the car and my dad backs out of the driveway.
We arrive at Bowman Field to get my license ten minutes later.
“Good luck. I’ll be back in 15 minutes,” Dad says.
I get out of the car and get in line to get my license.
“I got it, dad!”
“Congratulations, Krista! I’m so proud of you,” My dad says.
“Let’s swing by a car dealership but just to look!”
“YES!” I scream.
So we are on our way to a used car dealership. We arrive and I jump out of the car.
“I want this one. No… wait… this one. Wait! I like this one!”
My dad tells me to calm down. A man approaches us and asks us if we need help. He shows us a couple cars before we find the perfect one. My dream car. It’s a white shiny car that looks like a sports car.
“Dad! I have to have this one.”
“Honey… I don’t know…”
“Why don’t we discuss how much this car is in my office?” the salesman says.
“Stay out here Krista. I’ll be right back.” My dad tells me so I stay outside.
Ten minutes pass, then twenty. Finally, my dad comes out with a key. He throws it to me.
“What’s this for?” I ask.

“Your new car.” He replies.
I run up and give him the biggest hug ever! I get in my new car and start it up. It sounds beautiful!
“Can I go show my friends?” I ask my dad.
“OK but be home in an hour.”

Wow! Freedom! I’m cruising in my new car with the windows down and the music blasting. I look in my rear view mirror and see a car following behind me very close. He goes around me but then he pulls in front of me and stops suddenly. I slam on my brakes but I still hit him. I catch my breath before getting out of the car to inspect the damage. Oh Gosh! I think to myself. The car that cut me off stopped too. The driver gets out. Wow! It’s Jensen Ackles from my favorite show Supernatural! He’s wearing jeans and a t-shirt. My mouth drops. I guess I should have taken more time to make sure my clothes actually matched and I guess I should have brushed my hair too. My heart is pounding.

“I’m so sorry,” I say a little out of breath as he comes nearer.
“No, it’s all my fault,” Jensen Ackles replies smiling with the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen.

I look at the back of his car and see that the trunk has popped open. Wow! That looks like a human hand, I want to scream but I don’t…

What am I supposed to do? There’s no way there’s a real hand in that trunk. Maybe I should just make a run for it. No, probably not. This guy looks like he’s in good shape. He can probably catch me.
“Well it doesn’t look like there’s any damage. I guess we are OK to leave,” says Jensen. Just then a police car pulls up. Thank God, I think to myself. Jensen Ackles is talking to the police officer so I decide to take a closer peek at his trunk. I get closer and realize that it is a human body in his trunk! It’s Jared Padalecki! He’s also in Supernatural.
“Officer!” I yell.
I run up to him and tell him there’s a body in the trunk.
“A body? Miss, are you sure?”
“Yes! I’m sure.”
We walk to the trunk and the officer slowly opens it. The officer looks in the trunk and then starts to laugh.
“What? Why is a dead body so funny?” I ask a little annoyed.
“There’s no body, miss. Come take a look.”
I walk over to the trunk. Wow. I don’t think I have ever felt so embarrassed in my life. The officer picks up the “body” which is really just a prop from the show.
“That’s a prop for the show. We are on our way to take it to the set,” says Jensen.
“We?” I ask.
Just then I see a head pop up in the back seat. OH MY GOSH! It’s Jared Padalecki. He steps out of the car.
“What’s going on?” He asks half asleep.
Jensen turns to me.
“Why don’t you come to the set with us and watch us shoot an episode?”
“I would love to!”
We get in our cars and drive to the set. Watching them shoot an episode was the most fun I have ever had! After they finish shooting the episode I get an autograph from both Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki. I even get a hug from both of them!
“Thanks, guys.” I yell as I walk towards the door.
“No problem,” they yell back.
“Sorry you thought that the prop was a real person.” They start to laugh.
As I walk out the door and get in my new car, I think about how much fun I had today and also how stupid I feel for thinking there was a dead body in the car of my two favorite actors! I turn the corner and start to accelerate when something catches my eye by a nearby store. I take a closer look at it and…..OH NO! I think it’s a body. I think about it for a minute and then slam on the gas pedal. I don’t even look back.