The Window | Teen Ink

The Window

December 4, 2012
By ragypandah BRONZE, Newburgh, New York
ragypandah BRONZE, Newburgh, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The same reason that atheist can't find God is the same reason that thieves can't find the police.


The Window
Chad looked outside the widow, trying to drown out the sound of his teacher, speaking into great detail of why “the finger" became " the finger". As much as he wanted to know, he just didn't feel like listening. He was happy that he had a seat right next to the window; he could feel the cool breeze against his face, cooling him off from the hot classroom on the inside. A newer breeze formed, making the white chiffon-like curtains dance in the breeze. He had gotten a bit bored of looking out the window, so he looked in the same row to the left of him and spotted her, Terra, and smiled. As the wind blew, her shiny inky black colored hair flowed with it. She, unlike him, was interested in the lesson (her goal was to become valedictorian this year), and was taking notes frequently. Her expression was concentrated, and her large light brown eyes either concentrated on the teacher, or on her notebook to make sure her notes were readable.
He just couldn't keep his eyes off of her. She was a beautiful girl, and how he managed to become best friends with a girl like that? He would never know. Chad was caught by surprise once he saw Terra staring back at him, mimicking his stiff face. He laughed silently, as to not get in trouble. Once he looked back at her, she smiled and waved at him and he waved back to her slightly. She began paying attention to class again and he sighed. Even with the little movement of interaction they had just then made his heart flutter a bit. That seems a little cliché right? He looked down at his notebook for a second but then looked back at her. She was smiling, unlike before and that caused him to smile, hers was the most contagious ever. Chad looked down as he heard the soft landing of a piece of paper on his desk. It was folded, so he opened it up and read it.
“Hey Che, (For some reason, she liked to call him that.) I think you should pay more attention in class. If you don’t, I’m going to tell your mom that the reason your grades have been slipping is because you keep staring at random objects in class." He smiled and looked over at her. She was smiling, but her eyes were still focused on the board. He started to pay attention again, and decided not to look out the window again. He knew that she wouldn't tell on him, but she was only telling him for his own well-being. So he did it just to make her happy. Even if she didn't know, or even she never knew, he would do just about anything for her, just, to see her smile.


The author's comments:
it was originally for a writing class that I was taking and I had only had a day or so to finish it. I think it turned out very well, but... please comment!