Gone Forever | Teen Ink

Gone Forever

By natasha.tassinari BRONZE, Baytown, Texas
natasha.tassinari BRONZE, Baytown, Texas

who are you to judge the life that I live? I know I'm not perfect I dont live to be but before you start pointing figures make sure you hands are clean-bob marley

I grew up in a small town with a population of 225 people. The first time we had ever had our population sign changed was on October 4th 2009, then we went from 225 to 224.
I mean it was a normal morning I woke up just like every morning (which is extremely groggy). I got dressed in my favorite red dress with a perfectly tied white bow in my wavy brown hair. I went to school and talked to my friends Sara and john like any normal teenager. Then I was greeted by my crush aiden. But as I started home my world would be changed forever. As I was walking down the vacant road all the sudden I heard someone calling my name “melodia!” “Melodia” I turned around to see no one, no car no body walking nothing. Then I heard it again “melodia turn around!” so I turned thinking it was one of my friend…………---- but I was wrong. It was a man I had never seen before I knew everyone in my town I mean how couldn’t I so one how did he know my name and 2 who was her. I took off running I didn’t know where to run. So I started for home knowing my brother would be there. But I didn’t make it all the way. I began to scream and cry thinking someone would hear my but forgetting the closest house was over a mile away. No one would hear me there fore no one would save me! What was I gonna do. “LEAVE ME ALONE!!” I scream “go away” kicking and screaming I tried to get away but I failed. He was about 6’7 and mostly muscle so he had me but about a foot. So I knew there was nothing I could do to protect myself from him. Everything suddenly went black and the next thing I could remember was being in a hotel room alone the phone had been ripped out of the wall and the door locked from the outside. I knew there was nothing I could do at that point I was alone and knew that I would never be able to go home. – we stayed at the same hotel for a really long time and after about 2 days I got my tv to work so I could watch the news. My picture was plastered everywhere which made me feel safe knowing they were looking. But every time I saw that mans face I knew no matter how hard they looked they would more then likely never find me. My family was doing interviews all over the place and for the first time I saw my brother and dad cry. “ I love my baby sister” Shane cried “I just want her home safe and with me to protect her.” The man walked in laughing “they will never find you silly girl” he said in a creepy voice almost like what I would imagine the devil to sound like. Then he began to mimic my older brother “I love my baby sister” he said in a teasey voice you’re family makes me vomit with all the “love” I mean really come on do you think he really cares you’re gone it just means he gets more money and presents. Be realistic he doesn’t love or miss you what so ever and when they realize you are really gone he will get over his phase and be fine once again. The man left it at that and maybe just maybe he was right but I wasn’t ready to believe it. The man didn’t know my brother like I did I knew my brother really did love me and miss me but I would never be able to prove it to him or anyone else. As the days went on the segments on the news about me began to get shorter and shorter. After about 2months in the same hotel room the man had decided they had began to catch on and figure out where I might be so we moved. He took me about 4000 miles north and then felt safe with where we were at. He hooked up my cable and locked me in the room leaving me an uneatable sandwhich which was at least 2 weeks old. I turned on the TV to see another news cast about me but this time instead of my mom dad and brother it was Aiden Sara and John. Apparently it was a week before our homecoming and they started with sara talking. “ I miss her so much no one will ever understand with our first homecoming being so close I was hoping to be able to go shopping with her for our dress and take pictures together but now its not even a possibility.” They then let john do some talking “ I was hoping to be able to brag to her after I asked Sara to homecoming but now I cant she will never know how fun homecoming is and will never have this important memory.” He then began to scream “ it isn’t far she was looking forward to this year she was ready to finally go to high school dances and be able to date high school boys!” Sara then grabbed his shoulder and Aiden grabbed the microphone. “I have known Melodia for longer then anyone other then her family that is and I love her with all my heart she is the only person I have ever trusted and now that she is no longer 4 houses down the road from me I feel alone”. “ I had it all planned out I was going to buy her a dozen roses and in a note which were inside the roses I was not only going to ask her to homecoming but I was gonna ask her to be my girlfriend.” He then began to cry threw the tear though he was able to utter the most important thing I had heard in a while “Melodia if you are watching this” he stopped and looked up at the camera as if looking into my eyes “I love you”. Tears filled my eyes and I became angry I had been waiting for far too long to heart those 3 words those 8 simple letters! When he finally says them I can’t say them back! I began to yell and throw things when I realized it would get me absolutely no where I turned off the television and fell on the bed crying. When the man who now in my mind would be named the beast came in to give me my dinner I threw it in his face in a fit of anger. “What do you want from me” I yelled “bring me home now”! he looked at me and told m to shut up he didn’t need to explain himself to me and he didn’t have to take me anywhere. I got quiet at the point and him in the eyes with tears running down my face like a over flowing river I said 3 words with 8 simple letter “I hate you”! He looked down at me and said I know I know most people do and walked out of the room. I cried myself to sleep that night and when I woke up the next morning I was in the back of the mans car. “I am sorry but I can’t take you home not now or ever.” “If it was up to me melodia trust me I would but its not” “who’s it up to then?” I asked confused. “my boss well you see I am just his little worker he has some stuff that he holds over my head so I do his dirty work for him.” “you’re dad owed him some money or something and he warned him that if he didn’t pay by October 4th then something that meant a lot to him would be taken away.” “ I told my boss it was unfair to take you away and asked him if I could bring you back but he told me if I did he would turn me in and melodia I couldn’t survive in prison.” He looked back at me with guilty eyes “I’ve killed a man melodia not purposely of course but still they would give me life in prison and it wouldn’t be fair! I am sorry for taking you away from you’re friends and family “ I looked at him and smiled for the first time in 4 months and the only thing I could say was “I don’t hate you and you are forgiven” “But just do me one thing please” he looked back at me and asked what I needed I asked for a pen and paper and wrote 5 letters one to my parents, one to my brother, one to Aiden,one to Sara and one to john “please deliver these for me”. “ I will do that for you just give me time but I promise they will get to everyone.” He pulled into a drive way it was long and had trees on either side of the drive way and at the very end of the drive way was what seemed to be a mansion. “This is my bosses house he wants to meet with you so remember 2 simple things be respectful and only speak when spoken to.” I nodded knowing that the man who I had called a beast and told I had hated him was on my side. He helped me out of the car I looked around and hugged him he then looked down at me confussed. “what was that for?’ he asked and I looked at him “thank you” and I began to walk inside. He stood at the entrance and watched me to make sure I made it to the room safely and when I walked in the “boss man” was sitting in a big red leather office chair. With out even turning around he said “ you’re dad should have payed darling then you would be with you’re little boy toy and friends.” He chuckled and turned around “you see you’re daddy owes my a lot of money hun and you were the only thing worth anything I mean other then you’re brother that is but he would have been to much of a fighter so we settled for you. Just then there was a knock on the door “ sir” said a timied voice “theres someone on he phone for you” he looked towards the door angered “take a message he scream.” “ god you embisol what use are you to me if you cant even take a damn message!” he man reached under his desk and pulled out a pistol “ now go take the message or well you can figure out the rest now cant you” the door then shut two seconds later the door opened again and the voice said “ um sir the call is urgent.” The boss man then awnsered the phone “this better be important “oh trust me it is I just got hint that someone snitched and you need to clear out.” The man jumed up and scream for everyone to clear out he looked down at me and smiled. “ sorry to cut this little party short but I have to get going and well I cant risk having you with me.” And with that he looked at me smiled and walked out the door. Then he turned around pulled out his pistole and shot it. One shot in the head ruined me. My life was cut short by a man whom didn’t even know my first name. my last thoughts though weren’t about how mad I was or how much I hated him all I could think about was how much I loved Aiden. The first letter the man known as the beast delieverd was my parents, Knock knock my brother awnsered the door and looked up surprised “um can I help you?” he asked “yes the man replied these are from an old friend of mine this one is for you” he handed him the first envelope “and this one” he said handing him the second envelope “is for you’re parents.” The man then walked away looking at the ground. My brother began to then read the letter.

“Dear, Bubba

Where do I began after 14 years of living with you I am ready to admit that without you I would have never gotten as far in life as I have. I would not have met the people I have and never would have made such great friend. I know I have never admitted this that is unless I needed something but I do love you more then anyone else other then our parents that is. And you’re approval of my life ment more to me then even our parents.

Love , Melodia”

He feel to the ground crying and clinging to the letter he scream to the sky. The next stop was Saras house, he rang the door bell and waited for an awnser. “ is miss Sara here” he asked shyly “that’s me” she replyed “ this letter is from a very special friend of mine she asked me to give it to you” he then handed her then envelope and walked away the same way as the first. She sat down on her porch and began reading.

“ Dear Sara

You have been my best friend since kindgergarden, we have been through so much together and even though we fight like sisters we stick together like glue and paper. We have been friends for 13years(that I can remember) and have lived right down the road from each other all our lifes never knowing what its like to be without walking distance of each other. Until now all I want you to know is that I love you and wish the best for you. You are so smart and beautiful you have so much instore for you and can do anything when you put you’re mind to it. Sara just know I love you and will see you someday soon.

With lots of love Melodia”

He then proceeded to johns house where there was no answer so he put the letter in the mail box. Johns letter was a lot simpler not only because I hadn’t known him as long as everyone else but because I had less to say to him.

“Dear john
All though I haven’t known you for very long know that you made a huge impact on my life and I have grown to love you. Please treat Sara well and know I will be watching you.

You’re friend Melodia”

The last stop was Aiden’s house, Knock knock Aiden answered the door and u could tell he had been crying he cleared his voice and answered the door. “Yes?” “This letter I was asked to give it to you by a very special person.” He handed him the envelope and walked away. Aiden sat down and began to read.

“Dear Aiden
It took 14 years for you to say 3 words with 8 simple letters I have been waiting so long to hear from you. And I love you to aiden I have always loved you. Although I had never gotten a chance to tell you how much you meant to me. You were always the one for me aiden but know that now I am gone I want you to move on find someone worth you’re time but please never forget me. I love you

Love Melodia”
He dropped the letter and began to sob the tears rolling down his face like a waterfall of emotions. He looked up to the sky and began to curse god and the rest of the world. The love of his life was gone forever and he knew it. “I should have told her sooner! then she wouldn’t have been walking alone and I could have stopped all of this.” But little did he know even if he was there the fate would be the same but instead of loosing one person our small town would lost two……