dear diary | Teen Ink

dear diary

By birdiechiodo BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
birdiechiodo BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Dear Diary

It’s a beautiful April day: The flowers are just starting to change, the grass is just starting to green up and the winter is done. I can’t stand the cold. If I could, I would live in Florida. The hot sun glistering down on my legs and making my skin pigment a beautiful light brown color. I miss Florida so much. The last time we went there was for my cousins wedding 5and half years ago. “Kids come down we have something to discuss.” Oh no what did I do now? I did all my chores at home, I cleaned my room. What could it be I slowly walked down the carpeted stair case and walked slowly towards my smiling mother and my father who shows no emotion at all?
“Boys!” my father bellowed on the top of his long I cringed at the sound.
My heart is racing my palms are now sweaty and my legs are shaking. If my dad yells I know it something bad he very scary man, he is very large man with baud shoulder and when my dad is mad he has a vein that pops out of his forehead . Two boys came flying up the stairs.
“Where is Luke?” my mother asks “still down stairs” my brother Jim said. “I will go get him”, I stated. I rushed down stares there at the bottom of the steps is my little baby brother with fresh tears rolling down his checks. “Its ok I am here Luke”
I picked him up and he immediately stopped crying and slowly fell asleep. I walked up stairs and sat next to my mom.
“Ok” my father said. He got up to speak like he was going to present to the class. “As you know we were planning for spring break to go to grandma’s house in Illinois. My father spoke again
“I have decided we can always see grandma next year.’’

GREAT just great now were not even going to Illinois for spring break. So what do we do now? I am home while all my friends are swimming in the ocean and relaxing on the beach what do I do? Oh I know, I’m babysitting while my parents go out and party.
“And that why I decided we are going to Florida for spring break.” Wait did I hear him correctly? Is he serious? What the date? Is it April 1st? I had baby Luke in my arms and a huge smile on my face.
“How does that sound”? My mother asked with a huge smile plastered on her face. Oh My Gosh I said “She’s in shock” my brother Jake said. “We’re going to Florida!” said Jim. I quickly gave baby Luke to my mom and ran upstairs. There is so much to do and so little time. Clothes, packing outfit, bathing suit shopping I’m so excited. I looked up pictures on line of all the beaches the fresh white sand. I was literally dancing around my room when a realization hit me how are we going to get there?
If I have too sit in the car with 3 brothers for more then 12 hours I’m going to loose it. I don’t care if the destination is Florida that is not going to be good. I rushed down stairs and sat back down with the rest of my family. “Glad you could join us Alexis” my father stated. Luke was now awake and reaching towards me I gently picked him up and waited for my father to start speaking again. “Well like I was saying were going to Orlando Florida and were going to fly there.” “No way” said Jim “that’s awesome” said Jake “When are we leaving?” I asked” Your mother and I haven’t discussed that yet.” “We have to compare our work schedule then we will get an exact date. A week or two later my father sat us down again and told us that we would be in Florida for about 2 weeks I was so excited this would be the best vacation ever. I was so happy that we were going to Florida instead of Illinois. Don’t get me wrong I love my grandma, but I love Florida too.
Dear diary
Well today the day we`re leaving for the airport. I have been ready for about 3 week but my family on the other hand is not.
My house looks like it was hit by a tornado, with clothes all over the floor and suitcases half empty. Luke’s baby bag tipped over and all the supplies for making his baby bottles all over the floor. And my family is running around, looking like chickens with their heads cut off. I stop my mother she’s got Luke in one arm and a pile of dishes in the other. I took Luke. “Mom I got Luke you go and help the boys pack” Luke was squirming out of my mother’s hand and was just about to fall when I caught him he started crying. She quickly reached for him but I ran off. After a minute Luke’s crying was over taken by his constant laughter. My father asked “are you all ready to go” I looked up at him “dad I have been ready for this trip since last week, I am so excited!” My father smiled and hurried off to start packing the car. Little by little the area by the door area became filled with my brother suitcases. Jack and Jim came down with their carry on as well. “I can’t wait! When we are going on the plane?” asked jack “As soon as we can pack the car my father” explained “boys come help me, bring a suitcase” my dad commanded the boys quickly picked up a suitcase and followed my dad. I had a sleeping Luke in my hands when my mother came down with Luke’s suitcase. It was big and filled to the maximum. Do you have Luke’s play pen?”
She looked up at me “thank you for reminding me.” After I saw my mother bring out the portable playpen I laid Luke on a blanket so he could sleep. While I helped my mother pack for her self, my brother came running in around the house. “Guys Luke is sleeping, why are in here?” “Dad told us to use the restroom because the ride to the airport is a long” Jim explained “then go” I said “ok”. Both boys said at the same time and disappeared into a bathroom. My mother was finally done packing and walked outside with her luggage. Just in time Luke woke up. “Hi little man” I said to my baby brother he just smiled and reached for me. I noticed his dipper was wet so I quickly changed him. As I was finishing him up it was time to get into the car I placed Luke into his car seat and walked out side man was it chilly out.
I finally got into the car as well as my brother and my mom and my dad “did we pack everything my father asked?” “Yup” my mother said finally I thought we are off. As we were driving, I closed my eyes and listened to my ipod. I could almost see the sea salt waves crashing on the rocks and the soft sand as white as snow. I could just walk on for hours. I could picture the seagulls flying around and the palm trees swinging like little kids. “Alexis Wake up we got to go” I could feel my self being spoken awake I opened my eyes to find a huge building people with luggage walking in. The thick coat of grogginess still lingered upon me as I stumbled out of the car. “We are here” said Jim. “I am so excited” said Jake “Alexis?” my mother called to me “could you please take Luke?” I will take care of you luggage I agreed we had to first wait in this long line and pick up our tickets, next we had go through security
I also my carryon bag and stuffed it in a basket. I was really difficult because I had to do all of that while holding Luke. So now as a big family we are searching for our gate we went up and down and all around the building when all of the sudden my father stopped abruptly. “I found it.” He called out I let out a sigh finally, now my vacation can start “Flight 223 is now boarding please give you ticket to the front desk.” my family and I gave our tickets to the ugly lady. She looked 100 years and had a hairy wart on the side of her chin. She has greasy gray hair that was pulled back into a tight ponytail and her eyes looked like they would kill you with one glance. She looks like the evil queen from snow white. She glanced at Luke and with a raspy voice she said “hi little fella.” Luke’s chin quivered and he started to cry I calmed him down and hurry away to catch up with my family this is it I thought. My first plane ride.
Diary story continued
We boarded the plane “I call window seat” I exclaimed I hurried off so neither of my brother couldn’t reach the seat before me “actually my mom said I need help with Luke and you the perfect one to help me” I looked at my mom like she was crazy “ do I have too?” I slightly whined “do what your mother tell you too” my father stated “Yes sir” I said while my voice shaking I don’t know why but I am terrified of my father he’s a big man with broad shoulders.
I don’t know why but my father is a different person with each of his kids with Luke he’s so happy and talks in a small happy voice. But with me he is very stern and very controlling if I ever go out with anyone of my friends he needs to know who, what, were, when, and time. “This is you captain speaking while taking off please do not move around or use the restroom you will be able when the light on the seatbelt sign is off, There is also clear skis ahead of us on our way to Orlando Florida please sit back and relax and enjoy the flight” I did just that I sat back while were on the ground as we started to move faster and faster on the run way I watched as the wheels of the plane began to bounce every time they did my stomach would feel like I was on the roller coaster as we climbed higher and higher I grew more and more nervous its ok I am safe whoosh we finally up in the air. I could now relax. I looked over at the scenery below all the houses looked like little dots and all the trees loots like a field of green. I am so excited this is going to be so great. 3 hours passed and now we are landing as we begin to fall lower from the ski I get that funny feeling in my stomach that I don’t like. We are now safely on the ground thank god we did not crash
I walked into the airport and noticed the palm trees and the climate change and the parrots flying around the airport I love it and so did Luke he would constantly look up at the birds and point at them. “Ok Smitt family lets get going.” My father stated I was right behind him. We went to find our luggage. As we look around Jim called out “found them.” “Can we go outside?” I asked “Sure lead the way” my dad said I waked outside the warm sun hitting my face I love Florida. My dad disappeared to get the rental car. It was perfect for us. We hopped in the car and drove to the hotel Ill
I could see was the beautiful blue beaches and the pure white sand like I pictured. We finally got to hotel and when we walked in there were birds flying all around and a glass elevator that look that it was pushed up to our floor by a fountain it was so beautiful “palely want a cracker” a big parrot stated . When we got to our room a sudden wave of exhaustion hit me and as soon as I hit the bed I was out. I dreamed of our family at the beach and little Luke playing in the sand yup this is going to be the best vacation of my life