Rain... | Teen Ink

Rain...

By Bazooka603 BRONZE, Lapeer, Michigan
Bazooka603 BRONZE, Lapeer, Michigan

Back in the beginning of time, there was a god for everything on earth. There was a rock god, who was a rather boring fellow. There was a cloud god, a sun go, the goddess of joy, and so many more. Most important, though, was the goddess of love.

The goddess of love, or Venus, was so spectacular that everyone who laid eyes on her beauty was filled with warmth and light. Venus had long, flowing, golden hair that reached to her waist. It is said that one could never forget Venus simply because of her violet eyes.

Venus had the power to manipulate another person’s heartstrings, though she rarely did so, believing in free will. Anyways, with her beauty, anyone she loved instantly loved her back. Everyone, that is, except for the one person Venus every truly fell in love with.

The river god, Ampenio, was strong and carefree. He spent his days floating on his rivers and playing with the otters. It was a bright, sunny day when Venus discovered him swimming in a river deep into the forest. When Ampenio looked up at Venus, her heart leapt out of her chest and buried itself forever in that river.

Ampenio, however, was not so taken with the goddess of love. He apologized, but told Venus that he loved another. When Venus demanded her name, he refused, afraid of the goddess’s wrath.

Venus then flew up to the clouds to hide her misery and humiliation. Venus’s tears were so plentiful, and so heavy, that they slipped down through the clouds and nourished the earth’s soil. Now every time it rains, it’s Venus, crying for her lost love and heart broken heart sill buried in the river…