Don't Trust Everything That's Cute & Little. | Teen Ink

Don't Trust Everything That's Cute & Little.

By Kikkaaa GOLD, Pasadena, Texas
Kikkaaa GOLD, Pasadena, Texas

"Nothing is forever"

Karee and Mathew had been together since they were in 10th grade, they got married and had a boy named Henry, but they couldn’t have more children after him so they were planning to adopt. They had looked everywhere, but just couldn’t find that perfect little partner for Henry. They went to another adoption center hoping to find a little boy, and they did his name was unique, it was Ler. They thought he was perfect. They told karee and Mathew he was found in a dumpster with blood everywhere and barely 3 days old, they never found out who put him there but fortunately someone found him and brought him to the adoption center.

Ler went home with Karee and Mathew. Ler met Henry, but Henry was scared of him, he didn’t want to get close to him. They took them both up stairs to henrys room that now was going to be henrys and Ler’s room. They ate dinner together, and then Henry and Ler went to their room. Henry fell asleep. Later that night Henry heard some noises, like footsteps or something, he was scared, he was nervous, he was in shock, he couldn’t move, he heard the noises coming closer and closer, but he started saying in his head “this is all a dream, this is all a dream…”

In the morning Karee went to Ler’s and Henry’s room she opened the door and Ler was asleep, and she woke him up so he could go eat breakfast. Henry was under his covers, that’s weird, he’s always the first one up and awake, but maybe they just stayed up late playing and getting to know each other, karee thought to herself. Karee tried waking him up but he didn’t she tried again but nothing. She took off the covers; Henry started waking up and stared at her puzzled. He wasn’t talking at all, he ignored everyone and everything, and he didn’t want to eat. Karee walked in Lers and henrys room and they just smiled at her, she saw something on their faces, it was like if she was scared of her own two sons. She just ignored it.

Mathew didn’t come home from work, karee was getting worried, she called the police they said she had to wait 24 hours, but she just couldn’t. She asked around in her neighborhood but they said they hadn’t seen him. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t want to show that she was worried but she just couldn’t handle it and she just started crying. So she went to the basement so the kids wouldn’t see or hear her. She was sitting there, when she felt a drop of water on her hand. She looked at her hand, it wasn’t water. It was blood she looked up, but it was dark so she turned all the lights on. She was just staring at it with her heart in her hand. Tears flowed down her cheeks. It was Mathew, hanging with blood everywhere, his throat slit, marks on his chest, sowed cheeks to make him look like he’s smiling, and his eyebrows sowed to make his eye holes look bigger, no arms, no legs, and no eyes.

Karee ran out the basement she was looking for Ler and Henry, she didn’t find them. She went outside and in her car. She took out her phone and tried to dial the police but she was nervous so she couldn’t then she saw something in the mirror she saw shadows and she turned around she saw Henry and Ler. They smiled at her and both of them had that face she had seen on them before they both said “hello mommy.”

A month later nobody had seen the Windstoni family they called the police and the police went in their house and searched the place. They found Mathew Windstoni in the basement of his own house, then they found Karee Windstoni in the attic, they found Henry Windstoni in his room, but Ler was never found no trace of him was left behind it seemed as if he was not even there, no hand prints no nothing of him or anybody out of the family. The weird thing was that all of the Windstoni family was exsacly the same way hanging with blood everywhere, throat slit, marks on the chest, sowed cheeks to make them look like they were smiling, their eyebrows sowed to make their eye holes look bigger, no arms, no legs, and no eyes.