Devil Man | Teen Ink

Devil Man

By KaitlinKM GOLD, Littleton, Colorado
KaitlinKM GOLD, Littleton, Colorado

“Do you want to know what’s wrong with you my dear?” asked the red eyed devil man as he leaned back in his burning throne. The hell hounds whimpering at his feet, begging for a taste of her flesh. “You want to give in. I sent him to you as one of my tricks you loved so much as a child. You remember don’t you? It wasn’t that long ago.” She still had the dull taste of temptation lingering in her mouth, still familiar but more foreign now. “You had so much fun with the others, your play things. Remember the purple haired girl. Oh and the games you used to play, the naughty day dreams you used to have in church. A girl after my own heart.” The black tulle underlay of her white dress shook, as her legs quivered nervously. “This boy. He is so good to you, so very very good to you. And he’s the forbidden, you like the forbidden don’t you darling. The deliciousness, the new adventure.” She heard the devil’s words, and she felt the boy’s soft caress, saw his angular features, and smelled his entrancing sent. Then a snake, long and smooth took the place of the boy, he was revealed, the devil man’s trick had failed. “NO!” Cried the slowly embering devil. The snake writhed in vicious pain then also disappeared into the embers. The girl fell to her knees in tears then braced herself as the embers began to shift. Dust swirled and whipped the girl’s soft face. Out of the ash came an angel, not sparkling or white but peaceful and good. She scooped the girl into her arms and kissed her cheek. “Baby girl I’m here, wake up.” The girl woke up to her angel.

We all have temptations.