Cinderella | Teen Ink

Cinderella

January 10, 2008
By Anonymous

So you want to hear the real story of Cinderella losing her glass slipper, marrying a handsome prince, and living in a big beautiful castle. Well that’s not my story. This is the real story.

“HAROLD! HAROLD! Come here now!” I screamed a the top of my lungs. Harold, the chief, ran into the huge dinning room as quickly as he could.

“This soup is horrid!” You were suppose to put exactly thirty-two noodles in my soup! I counted thirty-three! Do you want me to get fat! Huh? Is that is?”

“I’m sorry princess; I will take the noodle out.” Harold said as he reached for my soup.

“No! I’ve lost my appetite. Take my soup away!” I said as I pushed the soup away from me. I stood up, stuck my nose in the air, and walked to my room. I skipped up to my window to spy. I was spying on the most beautiful thing in the world; Prince Charming. His golden hair shinned in the sun, his dark blue eyes sparkled like the sea; I was in a daze.

“Charming! Charming! Come here quick!” I giggled out the window. He looked up. His perfect eyes stared into my blue eyes. He stood up and began to walk towards the castle. I quickly changed into my best looking dress and fixed my long blonde hair.

“You called me Princess Cinderella?” said Charming as he opened my room door.

“Yes, let’s go on a carriage ride. I need some fresh air.” I said happily as I grabbed his perfectly smooth hands. My twenty-one year old heart jumped with joy.

“Okay, whatever you wish, princess,” sighed Charming as we walked out the door.
When we got to the carriage, he opened the door and helped me in.

“I will guide the horses, you just relax.” He said. His sweet voice echoed through my head. I look out to the sky. I could see dark gloomy clouds. The road was smooth for most of the way. Half way through, it got bumpy. Not just little bumps, big bumps. The carriage began to shake, the door flung open and I fell out.

“Charming! Help! I’m stuck in a pile of mud!” I yelled. Them mud was cold and wet. I yelled again, but he didn’t hear me. I was lost. I sat down in the could mud and cried, helplessly. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

“Hello? Wake up! Are you okay?” a voice said. I slowly opened my eyes to see an ugly farm boy with red hair and green eyes.

“Eww!!” I said as I jumped up from a nice warm bed.

“Where an I?!” I said as I grabbed my high heeled shoe from my foot and waved it like a sword.

“Wo, wo, princess! I’m Launce, and you are in my house.” He said with a snort.

“This is your home?” I said. I looked around. The bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom were all in the same room. I looked back at him. I laughed hysterically, but after a while, I could tell he was serious.

“Help me get home this instant!” I said to Launce. He looked at me with a little grin on his face.

“I will.... if you help my on the farm for a month.” He said with a big smile on his face, My heart felt like it had stopped.

“But I....no! I want to go home NOW!!” I thought to myself for a little bit. How will I get home? I don’t know where to go! How can I find my castle if I can’t even find my room sometimes?

“Fine.” I said sadly. Launce began to jump up and down and snort at the same time.















*
*
*
*



I slowly put the bucket of milk on the table in the house.

“You’re getting pretty good at this!” Launce said with a little giggle.

“Well I’ve been here for two weeks now. I’ve gotten the hang of it. I happily replied as I wiped the sweat off my face.

“Cinderella, I... um... I want to ask you something.” Launce said. He bended on one knee, grabbed my hand, and began to pull a box out of his pocket.

“Will....um...C-C-C-Cinderella, will you marry me?” Launce quivered. My heart started to beat faster and my hands began to shake. I don’t want to marry this guy! He’s a nerd! I thought to myself. But the I remembered when he taught me how to do the chores and how he made me laugh when he tried to act like a prince, He make me into a better person. Then, I remembered Prince Charming’s beautiful hair and perfect eyes. But he didn’t even love me. We were planned to be married when we were born.


“Launce, you are a really nice guy.” I exclaimed with a shaky voice. Launce smiled. His teeth were just as nice as Prince Charming’s and his hair was just as bright and handsome. I had never realized how good Launce looked.

Suddenly, the door flew open. Soldiers with guns marched in. Behind the soldiers was the handsome Prince Charming. “I found you! Gosh you gave your family a fright. Now get in the carriage before you get lost again!” He spoke with a mean tone. He grabbed my hand and began to pull me out the door.

“Cinderella! No!” yelled Launce as the soldiers held him back.

“ Wait!” I yelled. Prince Charming released my hand.

“Fine! I will let you choose. This ugly farmer boy, this fool, or me and my beautiful hair.” Prince Charming replied as he showed off his hair. I looked at Launce, and then Charming, and then back at Launce. My heart began to beat faster and faster. My hands began to get sweaty and felt as if I was going to faint.

“Please will you marry me?” Launce said. My mind told me to marry Charming, but my heart told me to marry Launce.

“Yes, I will marry you, Launce,” I replied. He slid a beautiful pearl ring up my finger. My eyes looked at the pearl.

“How did you get this?” I said as I admired the ring.

“It was a lot of money, but it was worth it,” he replied. I gave him a big kiss. All that I was thinking was Thank you.

So we got married five months later. Launce got a better job and we earned a lot more money. He still made me laugh a lot when he acted like a prince. We both lived happily ever after...until the kids came.