Dark and Stormy | Teen Ink

Dark and Stormy

It was a dark and stormy night. We were commig home from a party. We all began yelling and no one was paying attention to the road, not even the driver. That is why no one noticed when the road took a sudden turn. The car slid off the road and hit a tree.

I lifted my head to see the two people in the front had gone through the window.
They were laying across the hood. That is all I saw before the darkness covered over me.

When I woke up I was in the hospital, my mom was at my side instantly. She called the nurse in to tell her that I was awake.

My injuries consisted of a cracked skull, four broken ribs, and a broken leg. Every inch of my body was bruised and ached. My body hurt so bad, but that pain was nothing compared to the pain that I felt when I found out what had happened to my friends; They all died.

It was an instant death; they didn't feel any pain. That news was supposed to make me feel better, but it only made me feel worse. I was alive because Paul insisted that I sit in the back. Now he's dead.

When I got home. My mother kept insisting that I eat some breakfast and sleep. I passed on the food, but I gladly took the sleep. I went upstairs and and that was a very bad idea. There was pictures of Paul all over my room, after all he was my boyfriend.

I began to cry. The tears blurred my vision. I began to stumble around my room looking for my bed. I was going in the general direction. I knew it. Then I fell and hit my head on the corner of my bed. I was going to have to make another trip to the hospital because I could feel blood seeping out of my head. The stitches in my head opened.
My mother took me back to the hospital. The doctors resticted my head and kept me there for a couple days to make sure that I didn't do anything stupid (I was on a lot of pain medication.)

I look back on my life knowing how I aalmost died, knowing that I lived because Paul insisted that I sat in the back. I got to live and have a life because of Paul. I am eternally grateful for that.