Adventure in the Mountains | Teen Ink

Adventure in the Mountains

By ravenmc123 SILVER, Fountain, Colorado
ravenmc123 SILVER, Fountain, Colorado

The bell rang for school to end. As Ashley, Ariel, Maddie, And I walked home we over heard some guys talking, They went to our school but we didn't associate with them.
"Did you hear who's playing this weekend?" asked Jhilil.
"I don't know." said Copper.
"Well we could go to their website." said Ben.
"What is the address again?" asked Copper.
"www.ultimatefootball.com"said Jhilli.
"Thanks, for telling me about the Ultimate Football Competitions." said Copper.

After hearing that we got the idea to go to the Ultimate Football Competition, but we didn't know how.

While we were down in Breckenridge we saw 4 guys that went to our school. They looked like they didn't want to be followed, but we followed them anyway. We walked through a path in the woods to a steal door. As they looked around to see if anyone was there they saw us.

"What are you doing here?" asked Josh.

"We were following you. What else? We want to come." said Ashley.

"Well you can't!" yelled Isaiah.

"Why can't they?"asked Dean.

"Cause they're girls."

"We see girls in there all the time. Let them come."

"Fine." As Josh turned around to look at us he said, "You can come."

My friends and I were so happy to finally go. We followed and made a big group. As we walked up the door opened. We went through the door to the bottom of a ski lift and went up. All the way up it was silent all you could hear was the wind blowing and the birds chirping. When we got to the top I noticed a sign

'Caution enter at your own risk'

That made no sense so I put it in the back of my mind. When we got to the top we looked at the time, it was noon. So we went over to the food court and got lunch. Than we picked a table, the closest to the woods and started to talk. We talked about school, friends, family, anything you could think of. We were having so much fun.

The scenery was beautiful, the snow on the ground and the smell of pine was like heaven. The wildlife was cool too. The rabbits, deer, and birds always came up to humans but they never ate human food. Than in one second everything changed. I heard a screech like nails on a chalkboard. Than the memories came back all at once. Of the day I wanted to forget. Te day my life changed forever.

I was 6 and it was my first time here. I was having lunch with my parents. We were at this same table and I heard that same screech. The creatures are called wolverines, they're about human size but like Iguanas, they're skin and only skin and bone, and they're carnivores. They came to our table and attacked me and my parents. Then my whole world went red with blood. My parents didn't make it but I did. It never made any sense, from that day on I was an orphan.

i made this story up in middle school in my english class...so its not that good