The Ultimate All-purpose Excuse | Teen Ink

The Ultimate All-purpose Excuse

July 16, 2008
By Anonymous

First of all I would like to apologize for being late to class and tell you how much I really appreciate the time you dedicate to teach us all the wonderful important things that will eventually help us. Now I know teachers don’t like it when their students are tardy, I mean I wouldn’t like it either. I hope you don’t see my lateness as a sign of disrespect to you because I totally respect you. You might be wondering why a wonderful child like me might be late but I assure you it was not of my will to be late. So I shall begin my story with your permission of course.

I’ve never told you this before, even though I would have if I could but I am a spy. No, I don’t mean one of those lame people who go around butting in people’s business and spreading nasty rumors about them. I am a professional agent hired by the government to obtain certain information I can’t talk about in this explanation. This morning I was going about my usual spy business ( putting on my disguise, getting my gadgets ready, forging documents and analyzing data) when I discovered a rival spy signal on my VIRGIL. I quickly called headquarters and was informed I must eliminate this rival in order to keep government secrets intact. I quickly obtained my weapons including silencers, and fallowed the GPS on my VIRGIL to school. I discovered that the rival spy was a pseudo-teacher here at our lovely school. I quickly took the matter into my hands, and disposed of the rival. I’m afraid he was a bit heavy, it wasn’t easy to get him to the dump, it took more time than I thought. Again I am truly sorry I’m late. Excuse me I have a call from headquarters.