changes - Happiness | Teen Ink

changes - Happiness

When I close my eyes, and listen to the crispy leaves fall and feel the wind whip my hair all around my face, I am truly happy.

When my parents ask me about school, want to know every detail about every aspect of my academic life, I am unhappy.

When my brother, officially a senior in high school now, forgets to come home after he sneaks out at night, I am unhappy.

When we moved for the first time in my life, to a city so completely unlike anything I had ever known, away from my crispy leaves, calming wind and silence, I am scared.

This is the beginning of a book I am starting, please give me help.
The main idea of this story is that a girl, who lives with her single mom and her brother, who is leaving for college in the fall, is moving to the city. She is in love with the calm of the country, yet she knows she has to move to the city because as her brother leaves and she leaves for college, her mom with have to fend for herself. She will attempt to help her mom establish a new life for herself, adjust to a new school, new friends, and say goodbye to her brother, her best friend.

on Apr. 29 2010 at 7:09 am
TanazMasaba GOLD, Dhaka, Other

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's Heaven on Earth."

---William W. Purkey

really love the intro........ i love da topic u chose n i cant wait 4 ur story. hey may b i'll post da intro of my story if u promise 2 critic dat 1......da name wud be........ok i'll tell u da name as soon as i post it! :P

Tanaz said...
on Apr. 22 2010 at 9:51 am
its perfect n interestin n u chose an amazing topic