Broken Promise

I stood there, on my friend's grave in the dark and silent graveyard. The tombstone read the cause of death. The words were in stone, so I couldn't erase them. If only I could erase them, so he would still be alive. The thing I promised to do, the many times I said I would do it, I meant it. We thought that we were never going to me in that situation.
But we ended up in it. We were standing on a sidewalk, cutting up on stupid jokes we thought that were funny. Then he showed up. The man who killed my friend. He held the gun in his left hand, and a cigarette in his right. We just stood there, staring at him with confusion. We didn't look scared, but he did. It looked like he was trying to back out of it. But before he could, he pulled the trigger, shooting my friend in the chest.
He was bleeding, and barely breathing. I had that opportunity to keep my promise, but I didn't thing quick enough. The man had the gun pointed at me after that. So I ran, cursing to myself of the promise I just broke.
The sun was going down, which meant it was time for me to go. I stepped back a few steps, and felt someone breathing on me.
I turned around, and I saw my friend, with blood and cuts on his face, behind me. His chest still had the gunshot wound. He stared at me, as I did at him. He took my hand, and handed me something. It was a bullet, the bullet that went in his chest. I looked at it, and then back up, but he was gone. Gone with the dead. I looked at the bullet again, and knew that the bullet was the way of him telling me, "I don't forgive you."

MonsterGirl2000 said...
It has a lot of emotion in it. A written peice says a lot about a person.

hotchicky101 said...
I love your work babe :) kisses and hugs XOXOXO Love you

hotchicky101 said...
this is so breathtaken it touched my heart and soul. i would love to see more of your written work :*

ClosetPoet166 said...
Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:01 am
It is very strong and well written. It could use a little more, but it is wonderful. I felt like i was standing there watching it all happen with you and to give your reader that feeling is the making of a great writer.

Remember_Me_Well replied...
Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:29 am
thank u dude... best compliment i got so far

Silver2black said...
Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:59 am
Yes It's a sin to break a promise, But very well written.. But you could've made it longer.. :D like him seeing his freind in dreams... and a little scarier detail.. Good job :D!!

blbbraun said...
really sad and wonderful but I think it needs more

remember_me_well replied...
Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:12 am
thanks for the tip :)