Broken Promise | Teen Ink

Broken Promise

By Remember_Me_Well BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
Remember_Me_Well BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

My love for you is bulletproof, but you're the one who shot me.

-Pierce the Veil (Bulletproof Love)

I stood there, on my friend's grave in the dark and silent graveyard. The tombstone read the cause of death. The words were in stone, so I couldn't erase them. If only I could erase them, so he would still be alive. The thing I promised to do, the many times I said I would do it, I meant it. We thought that we were never going to me in that situation.
But we ended up in it. We were standing on a sidewalk, cutting up on stupid jokes we thought that were funny. Then he showed up. The man who killed my friend. He held the gun in his left hand, and a cigarette in his right. We just stood there, staring at him with confusion. We didn't look scared, but he did. It looked like he was trying to back out of it. But before he could, he pulled the trigger, shooting my friend in the chest.
He was bleeding, and barely breathing. I had that opportunity to keep my promise, but I didn't thing quick enough. The man had the gun pointed at me after that. So I ran, cursing to myself of the promise I just broke.
The sun was going down, which meant it was time for me to go. I stepped back a few steps, and felt someone breathing on me.
I turned around, and I saw my friend, with blood and cuts on his face, behind me. His chest still had the gunshot wound. He stared at me, as I did at him. He took my hand, and handed me something. It was a bullet, the bullet that went in his chest. I looked at it, and then back up, but he was gone. Gone with the dead. I looked at the bullet again, and knew that the bullet was the way of him telling me, "I don't forgive you."

Just wanted to write something unique. Really took me alot of time to think about this.

MonsterGirl2000 SILVER, Des Moines, New Mexico

When it seems like there’s no one left to run to in this empty world you can come to me I’ll be your shooting star. You can tell me your dreams I can’t promise to make them come true, but I’ll be there to pick up the pieces of your broken heart if your dreams happen to fall through…Unknown

It has a lot of emotion in it. A written peice says a lot about a person.

hotchicky101 PLATINUM, Muskego, Wisconsin

KILL BEFORE I OPEN DIE BEFORE I WAKE NEVER HAVE POSSESIONS NEVER MAKE MISTAKES

love is like sour patch kids... SWEET... SOUR... GONE!

I love your work babe :) kisses and hugs XOXOXO Love you

this is so breathtaken it touched my heart and soul. i would love to see more of your written work :*

on Dec. 13 2012 at 10:29 am

-Pierce the Veil (Bulletproof Love)

thank u dude... best compliment i got so far

on Dec. 11 2012 at 11:01 am
ClosetPoet166 SILVER, Mt.Sterling, Kentucky

"Sometimese it's not your work that is too intellectually worded. Some people are just to illiterate to understand" ~Me

It is very strong and well written. It could use a little more, but it is wonderful. I felt like i was standing there watching it all happen with you and to give your reader that feeling is the making of a great writer.

.king. SILVER said...
on Nov. 30 2012 at 9:59 am
.king. SILVER, Yeux Bien Tres Bien, Other

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes It's a sin to break a promise, But very well written.. But you could've made it longer.. :D like him seeing his freind in dreams... and a little scarier detail.. Good job :D!!

on Oct. 24 2012 at 10:12 am

-Pierce the Veil (Bulletproof Love)

thanks for the tip :)

iloveyouihateyou GOLD, Lowell, Indiana

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

really sad and wonderful but I think it needs more