christmas day

winternight.docx

This reminds me of a night long ago when I was once a young boy, it was a beautiful Christmas evening the sun setting over the western horizon. There was a distinct smell of turkey and honey ham from a Christmas meal like you could almost taste the sweet flavor of the meal with its sweet potatoes, the delicious ruby red cranberries, and the juicy flavor of the ham and a drizzle of some fresh maple syrup the feeling was a joyous and happy one, lights were hung up upon the trees in the park, and the sounds of laughter and singing from children and carolers, then when the lights glimmered off the snow made the ground shine like the stars, and with every breath the bitter winter cold makes you shiver, Sledding down hills and falling face first into the icy snow banks, having a snowball fight with the neighboring kids and getting that painfully cold hit on the back of your neck, just being young and letting your body numb preparing you for the warmth a nice cup of hot chocolate with whip cream and a stick of peppermint with your loved ones, while cracking walnuts by the warm fire, this night really is like a night from long ago.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:51 pm:
Fortunately or unfortunately, I already had lunch. ^u^ But I must say, amazing imagery throughout.

Hannabug said...
This makes me sooooo hungry reading this lol

Smileykin234 said...
Awsome sauce!

Detective_Finn said...
Very good story. Sounds realistic.

Prometheus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:06 am:
GIVE ME A PEPPERMINT STICK.  haha is this really fiction?  Great imagery, very accessible prose.