Someday | Teen Ink

Someday

By momo17 SILVER, Burien, Washington
momo17 SILVER, Burien, Washington

“I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.” Kurt Cobain <3

Listen to me. You’re not listening. You’ve got to be someone, some day. You may not want to hear this, rolling down this freeway, but it’s what’s right. Do you hear me? No, you aren’t hearing me, listen. You need to get out of here, do great things, really live. I don’t know what that means, but you need to figure it out. You need to have your own life, don’t be one of those people living a back-burner, thrown together, oh so page turner life, or be one of those people who let anyone hold you back. Or more importantly let you hold yourself back. There is no way back. Don’t regret for what did or didn’t happen. Don’t be afraid of failure, embrace it. After all we can only see the stars when it is completely black. Crave adventure, a place that everyone has never been before. Somewhere where they don’t know you and you have to find yourself again. Take a side, walk that line divided, even if you don’t know where you’re being guided. And don’t you dare go on settling. Do what your mother, your sister and all the woman who now are sailing in the sky never did. Remember what you’re listening to right now instead of listening to me. Look to the sky to take you away. A place where you can fall in love with the world again, where you can jump into what will swallow you whole. Face what you don’t like, but don’t hold on to what you grasp so hard. Let it go like the wind, it’s the only thing that’s right. It’s time to let it move on. Move on. Feel that breeze against your face and never forget, you’ve got to be someone someday. You say you want to know your path, but only you can tell you that. Go out. Learn something I don’t know, tell me about something I don’t. That world is so much bigger and so much more complicated that I will ever get, but for you there’s still a chance. For us, you’re our only hope. You’ll be the one who’s right, even if you’re the one who ends up standing by yourself. You are my bright side. Don’t you dare waste this. Don’t become like me, or her, or any of us. Get out of here and fall in love with a place where you can finally see the stars come above your head. And fall in love with it all because that one thing that you thought was nothing, may not be there to fall in love with when you finally come around. Come around. Listen to me, you’ve gotta be something. Can’t let it ever be the same, let innocence come and go. Learn something I don’t know. Find a place to rest your head. Because, that path may be dark, but it’s definitely the right road that lies ahead.