Bleeding Love | Teen Ink

Bleeding Love

July 1, 2008
By Anonymous

“No!” I screamed at him, my hands reaching out to grasp the back of his suit. He turned, and his cold, green eyes met my own naive brown ones.
“You don’t get it.” He said, shaking his head sympathetically. “We’re over.”
“No, you don’t get it,” I accused. “I love you, Edward… love.” Looping my arms around his neck, I pulled myself into his arms. Roughly, he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me away from him, then slowly backed away.
He reached for his briefcase. Desperately, I kicked it away from his hand, almost cringing as his glare intensified.
Time stopped then.
It was this moment that I realized that this was the end, that no matter how hard I yelled and screamed, he would not come back. The man that I given everything- my life, my name, my love… was leaving me. I had made an irrevocable decision; I had emotionally invested in this man. I was nothing without Edward…nothing.
Time, once again, started.
Edward did not move to the door this time. Instead he grabbed me by my shoulders, forcing me to look him straight in the eye. The result, at least for me, was soul wrenching. Static crackled between our deep gaze, raising the tension to paralyzing levels. By this time, my heart was pounding so hard that I was sure he could hear it.
“I used you.” He stated simply, “You were an instrument, a tool for the betterment of my own self. Our relationship meant nothing but another promotion.”
I sank to the floor as he turns and walked out the door, taking my heart with him. A scream tore from my throat as anguish exploded into my existence, infecting everything that had every made me happy.
My heart, as time had done, stopped. But, this time, it didn’t start again.