Peter Pan invited me to Neverland | Teen Ink

Peter Pan invited me to Neverland

I went to my room then shut the door. How I wish I could go somewhere far away from this lonely place, I said to myself.

The chill wind brushed against my face as I opened my window. I looked up… the moon is shining like a lamp in the air. For a moment, I admired the moonlit sky. Many years ago, reaching for the moon is just a dream. At this 21st century, it is really possible.

After a while, I began to feel sleepy so I cuddled to bed. I yawned while reaching for my soft blanket then suddenly I noticed a shiny twinkling thing entered through the window. Curiously, I watched as it playfully flew around my room. Then after a few seconds, it sat on my nose. Achooooooooooooo! BLING! The twinkling thing turned to a boy!

“Hi,” he said.

With shock and fear, I asked, “Who-who are you?”

He laughed, “I thought you’d never ask. You love fairytales, right? How come you don’t know me?”

“Who are you?” I asked again.

Smilingly he told, “Do you want to go to Neverland?”

“Peter Pan?!” I exclaimed.

He nodded. Then he walked towards the window. I got up and followed him. This is insane, I thought. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. The last thing I heard was the ticking of my wall clock then we disappeared into the darkness…

“You can open your eyes now.” Peter pan said.

“What the…” I am flying! This is incredible! “Where are we?” I asked surprisingly.

“We’ll we’re up here in the white clouds-on the way to Neverland,” then he glided through.

“Neverland?”I mumbled.

“Uh-huh,” he answered. “There…you can never grow old. You will be young forever. You will always be fresh and young.”

I smiled. I could never grow old? Cool. I could enjoy my youth forever! That would be so fantastic! After a few more moments we arrived at the wide silvery gate of Neverland.

“Ready?” Peter Pan asked.

“I think I should go back.” I said.

“Why?”

I walked towards him and whisper…

“I sure respect that. I’ll take you back.” he answered.

The next day I woke up and found myself sleeping on the floor. I smiled. You know, it’s pretty cool to stay in Neverland because you can never grow old. But I thought of something better to do. And that is to grow old with you.