Victim | Teen Ink

Victim

By XxGrayEyesxX SILVER, Acworth, Georgia
XxGrayEyesxX SILVER, Acworth, Georgia

~I wish i could write as mysterious as a cat
~Sing, Dance, Wear Red Lipstick
~Those that care don't matter, and those that matter don't care
~Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
that struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
and then is he
~Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come

Rains falls down my back, soaking my shirt and plastering it to my shivering skin. I feel blood pooling across my tongue as I chew on my lip, trying to sort out my mind. I grip both sides of my head, feeling as if my head is about to explode. Why me…Why me…
“Aurora,” I flick my eyes open.
Fog swirls around my ankles, the moon shimmering through the rain and casting an eerie glow on the crowd in front of me. Their skin is leached to the same color as the moon, their eyes glinting under the starlight, their arms open and ready for me to join them. But I can’t…not with this casket in front of me. Not with the only family that I have gone, forever. Not with my heart torn to shreds. I turn my back on them. My bare feet sinking into the damp ground, my hair curling around my back as my last hope is lowered into the ground. My last hope of normality…
>>>><<<<
My thoughts are screaming as I make my way down the street. My torn clothing and tangled hair shocking most people around me. Blood flows freely from cuts painted across my skin. I look up at the moon, mocking me with its ivory grin. My hands clench into fists and I feel my nails bight into my palm. Then I hear them.
Aurora…
Aurora…
Aurora…
They’ve found me. Fight or flight that is the question that blurs my thoughts. Pure rage burns my vision into crimson and I spin, ignoring the startled shrieks of pedestrians as I pull out the gun holstered at my hip. I feel the weight of the loaded weapon in my hand, waiting for them to show their face. Right now the tip of the gun is pointed at an innocent bystander, but it takes all my strength to keep from pulling the trigger.
Aurora…
Their behind me, and I spin again, readying the gun in my hands and planting my feet firmly on the ground. Newly healed cuts along my back tear open as my muscles tense and I wait for the kill. My heart is pounding in my head as blood mixes with falling rain across my skin. My eyes are wild and my teeth are clenched, I wait…listening…
Aurora…
This time I spin and let bullets fly, screams echo around me as the sound of bodies hitting the pavement assure me that my pursuers are dead. I close my eyes and wait for the rage to fade, for my numbness to return as the moon soaks into my skin. My vision clears and I stumble back in shock. A small heap lies in front of me. Their blond hair curling around their wide, empty eyes, their rose bud lips pulled back in shock…
Aurora…
My pursuers are still alive. Of course though, death has already kissed their lips hundreds of times. My victim lies in the middle of the street, her freckled skin shimmering with raindrops and smeared blood. Her satin dress mangled and soaked with blood and gun powder. My victim was innocent, merely a child…no older than seven.

The thought behind this article is helpless...and in the end the 'main character' kills an innocent. and in the end, kills her innocence as well.