Eternal | Teen Ink

Eternal

July 16, 2012
By lindsaytracydw BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
lindsaytracydw BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless?" -Jane Eyre
"Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering." -Paulo Coelho
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it stupid." -Albert Einstein


She grew. He grew. She talked. He talked. She pledged. He pledged. He grew. She grew. He grew.

He signed. He left. She cried, he cried, they cried. He fought. She wrote. He killed. She cried. He wrote. She cried. He returned, she smiled.

They hugged, they kissed. She promised, he promised, they promised. They bought. They moved.

He left, she cried. He wrote, she wrote. She bulged, she wrote. He laughed, she laughed. She nursed. He returned. She cried, he cried, he wailed, they cried. They nurtured.

He met, he met, she introduced. He left, she protected. He fought. She wrote. He fell. She received. She buried. She cried. She cried. She cried.

He withered. She cried and cried. She protected. She visited. She talked. He comforted. She cried.

She aged. She protected. He grew. She visited. He visited. He grew. She aged. He grew.

She caught, she coughed, she weakened, she worsened. He loved. He buried. She joined. They lay. They withered. They stayed.

He remained.


The author's comments:
This piece was inspired by my trip to NYC! It was an exercise that we did in class, and it evolved into a piece that meant a lot to me.