The Wall | Teen Ink

The Wall

By memento-vivere BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland
memento-vivere BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland

So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

He was kept behind the white. It was taking over him, making every inch of his skin blend into that wall—the wall that was separating us. I reached out to touch it but the bricks shot my hand away. They apologized and consoled me when they saw my sledgehammer. I was ready to attack, but the battlefield was caving in and the queen of hearts was glaring down at me. She dumped buckets of white paint from the top of the tower. His lips were the only thing that still bared color. I had left only one wall of her kingdom standing and she wanted revenge. She started to climb down. I ran. I had no choice but he will assume that I chose to leave. The wall was almost out of sight before I tripped. I guess the vines were working for the queen. I was bleeding to death from the fall. I chopped off my heart and found my strength again. I ran back to the wall. She had his lips. I cursed the bricks and left.

...Do you get it?