The Third Floor Bedroom | Teen Ink

The Third Floor Bedroom

It all began when someone opened the window. Actually it didn't. This whole situation began with the move.

The move from California to George, which I was totally against, was grueling, especially if you spent the whole time sulking. I watched as we left stunning California and the scenery slowly changed to swampy Georgia. Before I knew it, we were at an elegant Civil War era wood plank mansion with peeling blue paint. As soon as I stepped out of the car holding my iPod, because my mom never listens to decent music, I felt something that I will never be able to explain. But, I shook off the feeling and stepped through piles of crunch brown leaves.

Inside Mom told me to pick whichever room I wanted. I quickly chose the only bedroom on the third floor because it just seemed to be calling to me. I opened the creaky window to get a better look when I felt a blast of air even though there was no wind. When i turned around I nearly screamed. On my bed was a creature that looked like a cross between Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter and a Smurf. then I rapidly sprinted out of the room.

At dinner that night Mom asked me if I was upset about the divorce. No Mom, I just found a strange creature in my room I thought. But I said no and quickly changed the subject to the astounding library I found when I was exploring.

When I was done eating I went into super spy mode. I crept up the stairs and grabbed a lamp to club the thing if it tried to attack me. I walked cautiously into my room and froze. The next thing I knew I was conked out on the blue carpeted floor.

When I woke up the house-elf thing told me that the creatures were in a war with an evil shape shifter and that I was the one destined to defeat him. I bit down a comment about how much that sounded like Harry Potter and before I knew it I was being fit for armor and mounted on a pearl white unicorn despite my protests that I knew nothing about fighting. I was pushed through a portal.

Once I landed I surveyed the landscape. It was barren and full of canyons. Not you typical vacation spot I thought. Then I saw the shape shifter mounted on a foul beast that was nastier than a landfill in Venice. He gave his army the order to charge and the battle began.

I fought my way through the mob until I was face to face with His Evilness. Our swords locked and he changed shapes to look like my friends and family. Finally His Evilness changed into my father.

“I never actually loved you or your mother. I couldn’t wait to leave you,” he cackled.

While he was talking I got a flashback of the day my father left. I had brought home a perfect science project and for some reason dad cracked. He stormed out the door and left without another word and I never saw him again. Then I snapped out of it and thrust a sword through his heart.

Back in my room we celebrated. We decided to leave the portal between the worlds open. The creatures come and go as they please and I have some great new friends. How’s that for an adventure

kimigirl247 said...
on May. 18 2009 at 12:24 am
i love the mystery of the third floor bedroom i was amazed by it and it was very creative i would like u to add a little more detrail to ur story

but other dan tat it was awe some :)

rosesarered said...
dang, that wasa creative. i want to know more!!