Swings | Teen Ink

Swings

By wingedblondie SILVER, Mexico City, Other
wingedblondie SILVER, Mexico City, Other

"You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you? Well, if you walk the footsteps of a starnger, you'll learn thingd you never knew."
Pocahontas, Disney, song:"Colours of the wind"

The closest I have ever come to flying in my life, is sitting on a swing, as a little kid, and even now, when I get the chance to do it. The rusty chains would creak as I lunged forward, and then backwards, closing my eyes, picturing myself sitting on a cloud, the wind ruffling my short hair, my short legs barely touching the ground. But when time came to get off the swing and step foot on reality again, I always hated the noise the dirt would make under the soles of my shoes. Despised the red pebbles that crawled into my tiny socks. As I walked hand in hand with myself, I stared at the clouds and wondered: “why won't you let me up?”. I returned to wherever I was supposed to be, and my ephemeral moment in heaven was forgotten. But whenever I saw a swing, I would climb on it, forgetting anything else, forgetting all the other games, I had grown wings, nobody could talk to me, for I was above any body else. But most of all, I was free.

This is a tidbit from my childhood. Although I'm only 13, I miss playing games that are "for kids" even though I still play them, I hate it when people call me childish.

StarGazer9 GOLD, Marana, Arizona

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."

Don't we all, one time or another, wish to do things we did as children? Great article, keep it up!

plushi101 said...
Awesome! just the way I feel!

mamabowie said...
Loved it exactly the way I feel on a swing, and I am 49 !

Tía Crab said...
on Jun. 30 2012 at 10:20 am
Really good!  Don't ever lose that sense of wonder.