The More I give The more I have, for Both are Infinit | Teen Ink

The More I give The more I have, for Both are Infinit

By LeafFromTheVine BRONZE, Newmarket, Other
LeafFromTheVine BRONZE, Newmarket, Other

Love Others as I have Loved You

“That’s a nice name,” the girl smiled, “My name is...” The boy sitting in front of her smiled back. “You’re name’s not half bad either,” he laughed. It was particularly cold that November evening and the two sat together on the frigid sidewalk resting against the brick wall of the building behind them. A cool wind blew through the two and the boy shivered. “Here let’s sit closer together, we won’t be as cold,” she said pressing her shoulder against his. “Oh, okay,” the boy blushed.
“Oh, sorry! You don’t mind do you?”
“Not at all!” the boy replied. The girl looked over at him “So, I guess our friends forgot us?” she laughed.
“Yeah, I don’t think they’re coming back,” the boy sighed, “I hope the bus gets here soon though, I don’t have a jacket!” The girl chuckled, “That was a pretty bad idea on your part. Don’t you watch the news?”
“Um, why?”
“It also has the weather on it.”
“Oh yeah...”
“Wow,” The girl laughed.
“Honestly,” the boy started, “The news is really depressing so I try not to watch it.” The girl nodded, “I guess I see what you mean.” He continued, “I just...don’t see why someone has to die every day. I mean, it’s always some awful story of people killing for no reason at all! Doesn’t everyone know what it’s like to lose someone...? I just don’t understand how someone who knows that pain can go and make other people feel that way. It’s...the worst.” The girl turned to face him. “Well, that’s why I don’t watch the news anyways. Sorry,” he finished. “What are you sorry for?” The boy’s eyes drifted to the ground, “For rambling I guess and giving such a serious answer. I do that sometimes” he apologized looking at the floor. The girl gave him a strange look, “You don’t have to apologize for that,” she said, “Besides, you were just saying how you really feel and I think a lot of people feel the same way. So don’t worry” The boy turned to look at the girl and she smiled at him. “Thanks,” the boy smiled.
“I didn’t do anything,” the girl laughed as another breeze blew past them.
“It’s too cold!” the boy shivered. “Really? I feel fine,” the girl flashed a mocking grin.
“Oh thanks,” the boy laughed, “At least it’s not snowing. Still, I do wish Nick and the others would have made sure we were on the bus before they left.”
“They’ve probably figured it out by now.”
“I don’t know. Everyone was pretty tired so they might be asleep right now,” the boy sighed.
“Hey, where did you get that necklace? It’s adorable!” The girl said looking at the silver elephant on the boy’s chest. An image of his father filled the boys mind. “My Dad got it for me on one of his business trips. I think it was because Dumbo was my favorite movie back then. It still is actually,” the boy smiled.
“I bawled my eyes out when he goes to visit his mother in jail. I still remember the song that played too,” the girl said. “Elephant jail,” the boy smirked, “I think I cried too. I’d probably cry again if I saw it again. I used to watch it all of the time with my mom. She cried just as much as my brothers and me, I think. Seeing my Mom cry though would make me cry even more though. I think we always used to eat ice cream together afterwards also,” he smiled, “I should watch it with her again sometime, you can come too if you want!” The boy looked over to her and froze. Her eyes watered and streams poured down her flushed face.
“I’m sorry,” she gasped, “My Mom died two months ago. I haven’t really moved on yet,”
She smiled sadly.
His heart broke.
“I’m sorry,” the boy apologized. He wanted to say something to her. Anything.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know” “She’s in a better place,” “I know how you feel.”

He hugged her and she held him closely.

“Thank you,” she said wiping away her tears.
“Don’t worry,” the boy smiled as snow began to fall from the sky.

“I love the snow,” the girl beamed. “Me too, for though the winter is harsh, the snow will melt away and bring forth the warmth of spring,” The girl looked at him. “I read it on a fortune cookie,” he grinned pulling out the fortune from his pocket. “Ha ha,” the girl laughed.
Suddenly the roaring engine of a large bus filled the streets as it turned the corner at the street end and made its way towards the boy and girl.
The boy stood up and yelped.
“What’s wrong!?” the girl asked
“My leg fell asleep!”
“Ha ha ha!”
The girl stood up as well and helped the boy into the bus. “You two are lucky to have caught the last bus, you mighta been stuck here all night!” the bus driver laughed and closed the doors. “I’m just happy to be out of the cold,” the boy grinned. And as the two sat down, they smiled warmly at each other while the bus drove off into the snowy night carrying the girl and boy towards their homes.

This is for my Writers Craft CPT! I have to publish it on 5 websites that'll publish it so here's number one :D It made me appreciate the people I love