Dear Diary | Teen Ink

Dear Diary

June 5, 2012
By BeHappy242 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
BeHappy242 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don’t let your fears hold you back from achieving your goals, Dream, Explore Discover.


Dear Diary


Feb/ 8/ 90
Dear diary,
I don’t really know how to start these things, but the psychologist said it would be good to start keeping a journal of all my thoughts during this process. He said it would help me keep my thoughts straight, but I am not having any problems keeping my thoughts together at all. I just get anxious sometimes. I don’t know why my parents are making me see this guy. If anything, I think we should have gone back to the guy I saw after the accident. We had our first session today and it was just really awkward. We sat there. He talked and talked. I just listened. I just get anxious sometimes, and the doctor said that is normal after the accident. I loved him and, when it happened in our own house, it only makes sense that I would be nervous.
Feb/ 10/ 90
Dear diary,

Second session with Dr. Hillmer today. I don’t know what my parents think is so wrong. Today we talked about my good grades, my friends I’ve had forever, and Cindy Mac in homeroom and how I don’t know if she is a natural red head or not. I mean, really, what does this guy want? I loved my brother, but I don’t want to dwell on it. It was a year and a half ago. The last girl, Dr. Jamie, said I was totally fine. I did my time with her. It was a long seven months, but I did it already, the sharing and crying. I just want to be done. I don’t want to re-open anything I already patched up. My boyfriend was really the one who helped me through though; it’s our two year anniversary on Tuesday. Jeff was there though it all, when Tom and I started fighting, and then after the accident. Jeff is always supportive and understanding. I didn’t know if I could trust him at first, but now I love him so much.
Feb/15/90
Dear diary,

Dr. Hillmer keeps asking me to talk about my brother’s accident. I don’t want to talk about it. It’s not something I want to think about, someone murdering my brother. I don’t like talking about my feelings much. My boyfriend is the only one I can really be myself around. He loves me so much; he tells me that it’s bad for me to think about my brother too much. I agree with him. I know what the doctor thinks. Even if I did tell him anything he could tell my parents and then they might think I really am crazy. I know that I’m not supposed to see these things I’m sure that they’re not real. They just keep coming, in my sleep, in school, in my room. I can’t get away from them.


Feb/20/90
Dear diary,

I told Dr. Hillmer how my brother and I fought. It wasn’t a big deal though. I mean, he just didn’t know his own strength, and bruises heal. I’m fine now, and Mom punished him. Tom was so mad at her, but he knew what he did was wrong. I loved my brother and he loved me right up until that night. He called me nasty names. He must have learned them from TV, and he almost hit me again. I told Jeff and he said it would all be alright. I confronted Tom and he kept calling me names. I just got so mad; I woke up in his room the next morning. Dr. Hillmer was having a field day. Why was he so happy? This was so painful to share and when I told Jeff that I told Dr. Hillmer, he was so mad. I don’t know what I did, but he was mad.
March /15/90
Dear diary,

It’s been a few sessions now and I’m starting to feel more comfortable with Dr. Hillmer. I told Dr. Hillmer about the girl, she was there too, Tom’s girlfriend, Stacy. She was so smug, not even close to good enough for Tom, and then she tried to get with Jeff. That was the last straw. I told Dr. Hillmer how Jeff told me how she came on to him. I couldn’t believe it. I hated her! With her blotchy skin, stringy hair, and her big belly, she could have passed herself off as a pregnant woman.
Now, I see her everywhere I go. I didn’t tell Dr. Hillmer that though. I don’t want my parents thinking I’m crazy. Stacy’s here though, with her bullet holes and everything. Jeff told me it was ok, that they couldn’t put it on me. I don’t even remember doing it. All I remember is waking up with her blood on my shirt, and Jeff telling me what happened. How I just lost control. I shot Stacy and my brother. Jeff said he came when I didn’t call him. He helped me clean up and come up with an alibi.
March / 25 /90
Dear diary,

I couldn’t take it any more. I had to tell Dr. Hillmer about the girl. He said he could help me if I explained everything, but it doesn’t matter anymore. I like being able to talk to someone, other than Jeff, about all this. Then again all I really need is Jeff. Ever since I told the doctor about the girl, she has been coming less and less. I’m beginning to feel really good about our sessions.
March/ 30/ 90
Dear diary,

He told! I can’t believe he told! Dr. Hillmer told my parents about the girl. Now they say that I need to focus on getting better and I should stop seeing Jeff. There is no way! I am not telling Dr. Hillmer anything anymore. The best part is he denies saying anything to them. He said he wanted to see how it panned out for a few days before he told them! I saw the note he sent them telling them everything about Tom’s girlfriend. I can’t believe him!
April/ 2/ 90
Dear diary,

I am excited to say this is my last entry. Jeff asked me to marry him! I’m turning eighteen in two days and he is already twenty, so it is final in a few days! I can’t be around my parents anymore! They treat me like I’m crazy and I can’t do it. I’m ready to start my life with Jeff. He told me he has it all figured out, all I have to do is get out of the house. He told me to burn this journal, so I am starting a fire right now. I can’t wait to start my life with him.
April/ 5 /90

The Daily Awaking
Waking you to the world around us
Girl Found Under Dock


Yesterday police found a girl under the docks with five gun shots to her abdomen. The girl was identified as Sara Delflu. Her killer was found in the parking lot in a car. The car is registered to a Jeff Prunkel. The murder weapon was found in the trunk of the man’s vehicle. Mr. Prunkel will not tell police why he killed her. The weapon that was found matches the one that killed two children back in August of 1988. The two kids where found in the Delflu’s home early that morning. Their killer was never found. The cause of death was the same for the two children, five shots to the abdomen. A court date has been set for June 10, 1990. (For more information on this case visit our website)