Bridge | Teen Ink

Bridge

By matthewshivietz BRONZE, Florham Park, New Jersey
matthewshivietz BRONZE, Florham Park, New Jersey

Days after days, fights after fights. My adrenaline is getting out of control. I don’t know what is happening to me, but I’m going to find out…

I’m not a normal kid as what kids say to me. No one is nice to me, and they all pick on me. So I have no friends and my life stinks. I have anger problems and my parents try to help me but it never works. I always get in fights and I’m the one that gets in trouble when I’m the one with anger problems and the other kids don’t. I try not to get in fights, but that never works either. I always question myself “Why did God create me like this!” I’m not special and everyone hates me, so I guess I don’t know what’s wrong with me, and why I’m acting like this.
“Why do you always get in trouble?” The principal bellows.
All I could do is shrug. When I got back to class I started a fight as normal because I got ticked off at someone. I then got sent home and in the car I had a feeling that this was not going to be a good day, but I ignored it. I didn’t care because whatever happens when I’m mad nothing ever goes through my head and stay in there. It goes out the other ear.
As soon as we got home I ran out of the car and slammed the door. At that very moment I felt my heart stop for a second and all I did to avoid it was to keep running up the stairs to my room. I kept saying I hate my life, I hate my life and I started to throw everything in my room and everything was getting destroyed one by one. I knew something was going to happen but I didn’t know what. I just went on because when I’m angry no one should bother me. I started jumping up and down to try and get my adrenaline lower but it wouldn’t budge.
My parents came into my room and said they would call the police, if I did not stop. I ignored it and kept on jumping, pounding the floor. I was so out of control I almost hit my parents, but I missed. I ran downstairs into the garage, and threatened to run away. My parents came after me asking me to calm down.
I started running down the street like a mad man. People in cars were ready to call the police but they didn’t. My adrenaline is driving me crazy, I didn’t know what to do. I was almost at the place I wanted to be, the bridge…
It was my last resort of getting out of my body and escaping to another world, because everyone hates me and my life sucks. I kept running and running, then I heard the police sirens coming at me and I ran even faster. I got to the bridge and was at the tip of the side, ready to jump off. The police caught up but it was too late, I already jumped off and the last words I hear are from my parents saying “No!”