The Competition | Teen Ink

The Competition

June 4, 2012
By polar19 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
polar19 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The pressure rises, the temperature feels like it has increased, I could literally smell the fear of my teammates. Suddenly at that moment I flashed back to the beginning of football season. Seeing those new girls with the disguises on their face, different stances, the tone in their voice, the way they look at me with interest like I am some foreign creature, some acting like they are always better than everyone, other girls trying to get me to like them, girls around me trying to make a perfect first impression, my eyes meeting someone elses, the feeling of being accepted rises.


After we had won the competition, my friends and I finally realized that we need each other, or as of right now we wouldn’t be here. We strutted within that glorious kingdom, singing within the halls, “We are the champions my friends and we'll keep on fighting till the end...” Parents and other teams in the halls looked at us as weird girls, but I nor any of the other girls didn’t care, because we were a team and that is all that mattered to us. It took one simple thing to bring this team together, being happily accepted.