No Where To Go

I’m running over the hot black rocks that scorch my feet as they have been heating in the hot sun all day long. I can feel the warm breeze blowing and the cool waves hitting softly against the cool wet sand.
This is the wrong setting for what is happening to me. I steal a quick glance behind me and try to run faster but trip over a tree stub that has come out of the ground in a twisted angle. When I look ahead of me I notice someone standing there, looking at me in a curious manner. I try to reach him, but before I do, everything goes black.
A few moments after everything turns black, everything turns white. I see some people talking a short distance ahead of me, and yell out to them. I can hear them perfectly, but they are so far away. I try to run, but then I know I am in a dream because I am going in that slow motion everyone does in dreams when something bad is about to happen, or it already has. I look behind me as the Man reaches for me and grabs a hold of my shirt collar and pulls me away from the people I was trying to reach. I started crying, I realized, and before I woke up, the Man said, “ This will be your last look at the green so you better make it last a long five minutes before you go to hell,” and continued pulling me. Then I woke up. I didn't know where I was until I saw the black walls and felt the familier hard mattresses. I was back where I started, back with the Man.