Hair Dye | Teen Ink

Hair Dye

Dear Mom,

Yes the boys are fine, and we are hanging in there. Luckily the boys don't know what's going on. I told them we are exploring the U.S.; so they are having a blast! I just try not to let the fear pour from my eyes, for the boys's sake.

I don't know how you held in your emotion all those times mom. Like when grandpa died, I didn't even see you cry. Although I know you were hurting you were strong for me. Now I am hoping I can just pull it together for the boys. I want them to remember me how I remember you from my childhood, a strong women I am proud of.

How am I doing? Well...I had to dye my hair today. Don't worry I'm now a red head; I didn't go pink or anything. The detectives said it would be very smart for me to dye my hair so it would help me change my identity a little bit, just until they catch him and we can go home. But being a red head is not so bad; I could have a fiery attitude or be sassy if I wanted. So there are upsides!

Remember when I tried to convince you to let me die my hair blue when I was sixteen, those where some wild times in my life. I will never forget how you told me to ask dad. When you gave me that response the idea suddenly vanished from my head. I can't even imagine the boys being that age, they'll always be "my baby boys", I don't know what I'll tell them if they ask to dye their hair.

Well the detective said I could write this letter as long as you don't show anyone. He'll be coming by to deliver the letter to you, then he'll be back to take it from you the next day so no one but you sees it.

Thanks for being so supportive mom. The boys and I love you so much. Send dad the boys and my love as well. We can't wait to see you again.

Your daughter

Joseph N. said...
This is a wonderful article. I can not believe that a teenager wrote it!!!This youngster has a bright future as a novelist!!