Tears of Joy | Teen Ink

Tears of Joy

May 27, 2012
By EmmaMagda SILVER, Sugar Lang Tx., Texas
EmmaMagda SILVER, Sugar Lang Tx., Texas
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Victory is not something you are given, it is something you take!" ~Battler Ushiromiya. When the Seagulls cry: episode 26


Your skin, turning blue. Your eyes, turning red, overflowing with tears. Your entire world breaking and shattering around you. This pitiful nothing you have created. You fell down to your knees and put your head in your hands. You let out a terrible scream, making everybody turn their heads to look at you. Not caring about anything, you continued to cry. Continued to scream and shout. Then, you raised your head, looking at that someone with a kind smile one their face, lending their hand out to you. Your crying came to nothing but a small whine, and you grabbed the hand in front of you. That person embraced you, and you felt their warmth. Your tears dried up, and the sun seemed to shine brighter. A smile pierced your lips. You fell back down to your knees again. Being hurt by that person who had saved you. You started to cry again, letting the world know your pain. Letting the world know that you could not take this stress of being yourself. You started to run without ever looking back. Without ever giving it a second thought. You felt like you made it rain. You thought that you made the angels cry, that everything wrong in this moment was your fault. The cold, salty tears started to hit your body. In an instant, you were swept away by emotion, not even knowing yourself anymore. You were wished away by the waves of the angels and started to drown underneath. It was all salty and warm. You started to choke, started to pass on. In your last moments, you remembered that smiling face of that person who helped you in your darkest hour. You then started to cry tears of joy, not of sadness. The last words pierced your lips,"I wish things could go back to the way they were...". You let your words trail off and echo in the distance. You left yourself fall under the emotions, taking the toll of it all. You smiled and breathed your last breath, crying your last tears of joy.


The author's comments:
I wrote this on a complete whim, but AHA! MY 2nd PERSON PIECE!! * struts proudly* i feel accomplished, tell me if you like it or not!