Mini Me | Teen Ink

Mini Me

They sat on the big, brown comfy couch together with their eyes glued to the television set with the little one hugged upon his chest using one ear to hear his Daddy's pumping heart beat and the other to listen to his favorite episode of Barney. Like parent and child, they both bore expressions of absolute pleasure on a rainy Saturday morning with nothing else to do but absorb the essence of having each others company. Just the guys, they thought simultaneously as they lay lazily slumped back in their twin boy boxers acting like none other than father and son.

He looked down at his red-haired and freckled face son and ran his fingers through a few of his curls as they instantly re-curled after his hands left out. Having little Jerry Jr. there felt like having all the planets of the solar system revolve around him. He was Jerry's sun and Jerry depended on him. While they slouched and young Jerry Jr. leaned over, he couldn't help but wonder what were the speed racer thoughts of 4 year old mind.

Jerry Jr. loved being able to tug on his Dad as he accompanied him on this Saturday morning to watch an episode of Barney. He looked up and took a look at his dad's stunningly straight reddish brown hair that he could barely reach to touch. Having his dad there was like having a candy filled heaven with nothing but a world of sweets to satisfy his self with. He loved his dad and depended on him. What more could he ask for?

Close together, there they were, with an extremely and overly joyous father son relationship. Slouching together just being plain ol' guys, pals, and most importantly dad and kid. This was like a bowl of cherries for them. Both in their boxers along with Dad wearing his favorite shirt. It read, "My name is Dr. Evil and right here is my mini me."

HSonghai said...
on Aug. 6 2008 at 4:19 am
Three cheers for Natasha! You're on your way. Write everyday until you can't write any more.

msanderson said...
Congratulations! Your writing is improving