War with the Foods | Teen Ink

War with the Foods

Hi, my name is Seymour Butts. You may not know me, but I like to eat a lot of food. Eating is my favorite pastime, and is the thing I like most about my life. You can tell by the way I look, because I’m five-eight, and I weigh three-hundred and forty-seven pounds. But I think I’ve said enough about me. Let me invite you on a quest into my past years and the most memorable dining I’ve done.

My passion for food began in a little town called Big Town. I was at the towns buffet, The Big and Nasty Buffet, and I was really hungry, so I decided to eat until I was full. But the only problem was that the last time I ate until I was full, I made my mom and dad go bankrupt. Even the cook, Biff Jerquee, gave me a warning before I started eating.
“The last time you came here and ate, we had to close for a week just so that we could re-stock our food supply! If you eat like that again you’re going to have to pay for it, and you also might get sick.” He said.
So with remembering this, I disregarded the danger and began eating. First it started with one plate, then five, and after a while I had a stack of plates that was about a foot tall. My stomach was about ready to burst, I didn’t want to keep eating. But then, to my dismay, I saw the best looking desert isle I had ever seen in my life! Desert puddings, pie, cake, you name it, and it was all there. I knew this wouldn’t turn out well….

*

*

*

*

*
*

I wake up around noon and find myself in a hospital bed. A doctor walks into my room and tells me that I ate so much that I passed out. The doctor informs me that I was very close to eating myself to death. Shocked, I think about how much food I must-have eaten. Then it hits me, I need to stop eating so much, or I’m going to die. I lie in bed for the next two days and think about how I can change my habits, and still keep doing what I love so much. I come up with a plan, and make myself a promise. I just hope I can stay with my promise.

*

*

*

*

*

*

Two months have passed and I’ve stopped obsessively eating, working out, and making better choices. It’s amazing how much a person can change by making better choices with their life. From weighing three-hundred and forty-seven pounds I’ve dropped down to three-hundred and twenty pounds. I go on a two mile jog every day, and I lift at the town recreational gym every other day. But just because I’ve stopped eating obsessively doesn’t mean I have to stop eating in general. I mean, I can still enjoy the foods taste, rather than the quantity. I’ve realized that in foods case it can sometimes be quality over quantity. So with my new healthy lifestyle, I’ve lost weight, gained self-control, and gained some self-respect. My eating habits have turned out alright after all.

I'm not a very good writer, so I just threw this story together.