Wolf Fang, Wolf Tail | Teen Ink

Wolf Fang, Wolf Tail

By MusicMaster2 BRONZE, Greencastle, Pennsylvania
MusicMaster2 BRONZE, Greencastle, Pennsylvania

"It's not true that nice guys finish last. Nice gus are winners before the game even starts."- Addison Walker

Wolf Fang, Wolf Tail
“What day is it? How long has he been gone? Why hasn’t he at least tried to call me to let me know when he will be back?” These are all the questions that run through my mind each morning. I know all the answers, but I do not wish to let the truth sink into my soul. If I let every feeling and meaning sink into my soul, I may as well call myself inhuman. I do not have a soul to let truth settle into anyways.
“Hey! It’s Roseangela. I can’t come to my phone right now. Leave a message after the tone, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.”
Beep…
“Hey Rose! It’s me Darneil. I was wondering if you would like to meet me at the movies tonight. Jophiel said he was going to try and make it tonight so if you want to come, just hit me up and I’ll get your ticket. Talk to you later.”
My best friends Darneil and Jophiel, are always planning something to get me out into the open air. Both just try too hard to pull me out into the world. I never liked seeing other people that inhabit this town because they all look toward the three of us like we are such monsters.
“Darneil, why do you try so hard to make me public?” I thought out loud not caring who heard me. I look at my phases of the moon calendar and notice tonight is September 24th and there will be a full moon.
“Hey it’s Roseangela. I can’t come to my phone right now. Leave a message after the tone, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.” Who could be calling me now?
“ROSE! Pick up your phone it’s an emergency! Jophiel just found a girl that has been bitten by some kind of wolf out in the woods by 23 Hamkar. She needs your help! Hurry out as fast as possible!” It was Darneil again. He sound scared this time when just a minute ago he was calm and was using his “cool” voice that has always made me weak in the knees.
Quickly I slip on my blood red hunting jacket over my black tank top. I pull on black skinny jeans and pull on my dark leather hunting boots. I grab my hand made dragon switch blade and put it securely into my left boot for easy access later. I grab my cell off my dresser and decide to call Darneil to confirm I got his calls.

“It’s Rose, I got your calls and I will be there in about 15. I would like to go to the movies with you guys tonight as well if that will still be possible after this accident.” I could hear that he picked up but he always takes forever to start talking after I call him. I could never figure out why.

“Alright I will meet you there. Be ready for anything. Remember what happened the last time none of us were prepared. You almost died on us.” He was no longer using his “cool” voice and I could tell he was starting to get tired and short of breath.

“I’m on my way.” I hung up before he got a chance to remind me anymore of the day I became what I am.

Four years ago the three of us were just wandering around in the woods when we came across this dog like creature just lying beside a tree. We thought it was dead so we went to check on it and make sure it was, but when we got closer to it we noticed it was simply a girl that was beaten up badly. The other guys stayed back a little as I got closer to make sure she was either alive or dead. She looked as if she had been raped or something but none of us was sure and the guys were such wimps back then. As I got closer, she shuffled a bit and I put my fist up in case I had to fight her back down. I took one more step towards her and I remember she jumped off the ground with such a menacing look in her eyes that said she wanted to kill me for something I had done. She moved towards me too fast for me to do anything and I remember her digging her teeth into my neck.
After that I remember waking up in my bed a few days or maybe weeks later. What she was or what she had done to me I do not remember. Darneil told me that she had died right after I fell to the ground. He would not tell me much more. He stayed by my side as I recovered. One day I must have stopped breathing because he said he had to take me to an actual doctor to make sure I wasn’t dead. The doctor said I was fine just had a panic attack.

“Almost there. Where did he say this accident was? I think he said 23 Hamkar. Better listen to that message again to make sure.” I flip through my messages until I find the one he had previously left me.

“ROSE! Pick up your phone. It’s an emergency! Jophiel just found a girl that has been bitten by some kind of wolf out in the woods by 23 Hamkar. She needs your help! Hurry out as fast as possible!” As I listen to the message again I became glad I grabbed my switch blade, but I regretted that I did not grab my gun. In the background I hear the sound of something breathing heavily as if it were a dog or even a beast.

I turn onto 23 Hamkar and I see what I knew was much worst than just a simple beast waiting for me.

I am staring into the eyes of my brother Uriel!