Three Wishes | Teen Ink

Three Wishes

If you had three wishes, what would you ask for? It’s a question I often hear and always enjoy answering. If I were lucky enough to have three wishes granted, my first wish will always be to have the ability to fly. I always thought that being able to fly was the coolest thing in the world and always dreamt about being able to just jump up and stay in the air. Soaring through the air, touching clouds, never having to worry about falling, it would be the perfect way to get away from all the stress of school! Flying truly would be the most fun thing in the world!

My second wish would be to be able to breath under water, for a couple of reasons. My biggest fear in the whole entire world is drowning in the ocean or even worse, being anywhere near a shark. Even though being able to breath under water wouldn’t really help me with the sharks, I’d be able to swim down and down and see the ocean floor, another thing I have always dreamt of doing. I would never have that terrible feeling of running out of air and suffocating. Just like soaring through the air, I would be able to endlessly soar through the water without a care in the world. If I could breathe under water, I don’t think I’d ever come up to the surface.

If there were no rules and I really could wish for anything I wanted, I would obviously wish for an infinite amount of wishes, that way I could still get whatever I wanted and be able to help everyone I care about. Although, if it were like the situations in all the movies where you are not allowed to wish for that, I would have to wish for world peace. I would never be able to live with myself if I had a chance to fix all the bad in the world and was selfish enough to only think of myself. By wishing for world peace, I am helping everyone and getting rid of all the problems there are in the world! There would be no suffering or starving, and everyone would be able to live a long happy life.